Ch 24: Poisoned!

(Preston's POV)

Dodging backwards as Leon sent attack after attack at me, I was getting weaker, and I knew that if I fell he could easily trap me and kill me with the poison in the syringe, dodging another attack I felt myself fall from a vine wrapping around my foot and pulling my foot away unbalancing me and making me fall to the ground.

As I hit the ground I felt fear and panic rush through me as Leon walked towards me, I quickly tried to get up but he trapped me down with a pile of rocks on me, struggling to move I saw him loom above me a smirk on his face as he glared down at me.

"Preston!" Connor's cry rang out as Leon put the poison into my shoulder, I felt a burning sensation run through my arm as Leon walked away and turned to fight Connor, the weight of the rocks lifted off me, but I laid there still as a rock.

Gasping for air as the burning made it to my chest, my chest tightened as I kept gasping for air, trying to cry out for help but nothing came except for weak noise then something came back to me, 'back then everyone stayed as still as possible but someone lived through it even though they moved' I thought as I looked at the ground in realization.

Getting up I glared at Leon who was battling Connor right now, running forwards I skid to stop and knocked Leon to the side, looking down at Leon I felt my chest loosen and I could breath better now.

"Preston stay still you may worsen your condition!" Connor yelled as I moved around making sure that I didn't stop moving around, and soon I was breath the same as before I got injected with the poison.

"You really thought that would work Leon." I challenged with hatred in my voice, looking down at Leon I saw him look at me with alarm and amazement in his eyes, "You can't kill someone who knows more than you." I taunted my words filled with venom but they were dangerous like a sharp knife cutting through something with ease.

I kept moving just in case as I watched Leon with anger and disappointment, I felt something hit my back making me fall to the ground, "Must have not been a large enough dose Leon." Deserae's voice said from above me.

I could feel the effects of the poison start to wear me down as I laid there, I was getting weaker and weaker every second that passed, "Yeah thanks for the help Deserae." Leon said right as I could hear him get up.

Pushing myself up I started moving around again to get rid of the effects but it did little to get rid of them, I was looking at Deserae and Leon who were looking at me with confusment, "I refuse to give up!" I said dodging one of Leon's vine attacks.

Running forwards I jumped side to side as I dodged multiple attacks, but in a second I had managed to push Deserae back towards one of the hallways that I knew very well, it had multiple traps that if you didn't pay attention you could easily die.

Running off with Deserae behind me I could tell that the others were following us, but I didn't stop until I saw light ahead, jumping up onto a small hill I looked behind me to see that Deserae was standing a bit away from me anger in his eyes.

I looked behind me to see a full silver sword, grabbing it I held it in front of me, and with a single slash Deserae laid on the ground not moving a bit, with a pool of the thick red liquid around him, it was quickly growing.

With one last look at Deserae I knew that I had greatly weakened Leon's forces, sighing I had to take down the rest of Leon's forces before I can take him on single handed. The sound of quick steps getting louder and closer I quickly dropped the sword beside Deserae and climbed up onto the walls and stayed in a large crack that would hide me from the room.

"Deserae!" Leon's voice said with sadness and anger, I could tell that he was angry and upset, and possibly heart-broken, peeking out I saw Leon sitting on his knees, I looked closer to see that he was crying possibly from the memories of the past.

I smiled knowing that I had greatly weakened Leon, but I still felt bad I had grown up knowing Deserae and now I had just killed him, shaking my head I knew that I had done what was right, 'right?' I thought as I watched Leon shut his eyes hard while he cried.

'Pathetic.' I thought getting up and walked down a hall that the crack lead to, keeping a eye out I soon arrived up back at the main room, looking around I saw that no one was around except for Ethan a person that I had met on the way to campus at a gas pump.

"Ethan?" I said questioningly while I looked at him, "Preston!" He said turning around quickly fear in his eyes, "How do you know about this place!" He said trying to sound innocent, "I knew about this place for a long time." I said trying to sound like I been here back when I was a kid.

"Oh really!" Ethan asked his eyes lighting up in excitement, "Yeah, pretty cool place right?" I asked looking around at the place that had once been known as my home before I had met Mitch.

"Yeah but I always had this plan to make it more than what it is, like decorate it into something!" Ethan said excitedly, "But there's many traps in the hallways and they're complicated, "I can draw out a map for you and show where the traps are." I said wanting to be helpful.

"Really you would do that for me!" Ethan asked taken aback by my suggestion, "Yeah I can even maybe disable some of the traps for you as well!" I said holding out my hand for him to shake, "Deal?" I asked I saw a glimmer of hope spark in his eyes before it disappeared only to be replaced by determination.

"Deal!"

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!