Ch 56: Escaping!

(Lyric's POV)

"Hey wake up!" Sylvester said while a paw kept pushing the side of my head, "Leave me alone." I growled while Stampy only grumbled from being woken up, "Come on, it's daylight already." Stampy said getting up from where he was.

"Fine." I said standing up and stretched, opening my eyes after I stretched I could see Zeno and Ace talking to each other, while Sylvester was sitting next to the cage, "Leon said we can let you out but we're not allowed to leave the room." Sylvester said while walking to the front of the cage and bit down on the lock.

I saw the lock fall down to the floor, pulling my ears back I sat down and stared at Sylvester like he was crazy, "What you coming out or what?" Sylvester asked opening the door, giving Stampy a questioning look I saw that he was uneasy about this.

Walking out I looked at Sylvester judgingly while I passed, I could tell that Stampy was right behind me because he stayed next to my foot, "So what is your name?" Sylvester asked questioningly.

"I would have thought that Leon would have told you that." I countered avoiding the question, "Fair fair but he didn't so what's your name?" Sylvester asked as I sat down while Stampy laid near my front paws.

"Lyric, your's?" I said still judging if I should trust him or not, "The name's Sylvester, sorry about my brother Ace he's the annoying one." Sylvester joked "HEY!" Ace yelled while him and Zeno walked up.

"Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean that I'm not the boss!" Ace said anger clear in his voice, "Yes it does." Sylvester joked while Ace and Zeno sat down next to us, "So I heard your name is Lyric am I correct?" Ace asked turning his attention to me.

"You got it right." I answered while Stampy licked his chest fur, "Wow your a black and white wolf!" Zeno said excitedly, "Uh Lyric why do you have grey spots on your side?"Stampy asked turning my head I could see small grey spots on my shoulders.

"When did those get there!" I said standing up and looked at the spots, "Lyric calm down." Stampy said making me sit back down but I didn't stop looking at the spots, I felt someone stick their nose into my other shoulder fur.

"Hey!" I said jumping back away from them to see that it was Sylvester, "Those spots smell like familiar." Sylvester said confused, "Zeno go get a bucket of water will you? Ace go with him." Sylvester said looking at the two wolves that looked confused at what was going on.

"Yes Sylvester!" Zeno said running off with Ace behind him, "Once they get the water I'm going to pour it on you okay?" Sylvester said looking at me, "What why!" I said shaking my pelt, "Because I had to do that to myself, those spots mean bad luck." Sylvester said looking at me with sadness.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked taking a step towards Sylvester, "I mean here in this place, me taking you from that cave was the first time I've been outside." Sylvester said as I reached him, "First time?" I whispered looking at the ground.

"But here, everyone with those spots get brought into a room and we never see them again." Sylvester said "Ace and Zeno had the same spots except theirs were brown and red" Sylvester said with a bit of worry.

"Then how do they not know about my spots?" I asked looking at Sylvester, "Because I took care of theirs when they were asleep and played it off as a prank." Sylvester explained right before Zeno and Ace came back with two buckets of water.

"Thanks now set them right here." Sylvester said looking at a place on the floor next to him before turning his attention to me, "Hey cat might want to watch out for the water." Sylvester said right before I noticed that Stampy was sitting in between my front legs.

"It's Stampy!" Stampy growled right before he walked away towards the cage well away from any splashes of water, suddenly cold freezing water was dumped onto me, "Cold!" I yelled taking off away from where I was sitting.

Skidding to a stop I managed to turn around while skidding and stood there glaring at Sylvester while all three of them were laughing, "Sorry I didn't know that it was that cold!" Sylvester laughed but I noticed that the spots had fallen off.

Shaking my pelt I growled right before walking to a corner and noticed that it was made out of dirt 'this is loose dirt like it's hiding something.' I thought as I looked at the dirt, pushing on the dirt I felt it give way before I fell down a hole yelping I felt a pair of teeth dig into my tail.

"Lyric!" Stampy yelled from somewhere above me, looking down I could tell that it was a tunnel, "Stampy it's a tunnel! It leads outside!" I said to Stampy as I could smell the fresh air of the outside.

"Really!" Stampy asked surprised, I felt the teeth pull me up, shaking my pelt I turned around to see that it was Sylvester, "That hole is dangerous it's not a tunnel!" Sylvester said looking a bit afraid while he glanced at the tunnel.

"But I can get back to Preston and hopefully he won't hurt anyone!" I said looking at the tunnel and trusted my instincts, "Sylvester what if this is our only chance of getting out of our father's demands?" Zeno asked looking up at Sylvester.

"I don't care, if it hurts anyone then I'm not taking the chance!" Sylvester growled, "But Sylvester what if Leon ends up killing Zeno, what would you do! Would you rather take the chance of freedom or risk losing him!" Ace growled.

Looking at the hole I knew that it was a tunnel to the outside, "Sylvester you're just gonna have to trust me on this." I said looking at him I saw him look at me judgingly before sighing, "Give me one good reason." Sylvester questioned.

"I known Leon longer than you do Sylvester even if it doesn't seem like it but Ace is right neither Preston or Leon are going to stop at anything that blocks them from winning their war, Leon is a bit more careless than Preston." I explained looking up at Sylvester.

"Fine but if you lead us-" Sylvester started, "I won't and if I do I know how to fight and protect." I said walking over to the hole, "Lets go." I said right before jumping down into the hole Stampy jumping down before me.

Walking forward I could hear the thud of paws as the large dark reddish brown wolf of Sylvester landed in the hole with Zeno and Ace behind him, I could hear Sylvester sniffing the air, as we kept walking we ended up in a fork in the tunnel, looking at the three tunnels I sniffed each cave.

I could smell the fresh air of outside coming from the right, turning right I heard Sylvester sneeze right behind me, "Are you sure we are going the right way?" Sylvester asked quietly as we kept going, "Positive." I said right before I could see the exit of the cave.

Looking out I could see that we were at the lake, 'this is one of the tunnels that Preston told me about where they can take you where you want to be.' I thought as I got out, "Wow what is this place!" Sylvester asked as he looked out across the large lake.

I could see Preston sitting on one side of the lake while looking at the clouds that covered the sky, "Preston!" I yelled running along the shore of the lake towards him with Stampy right beside him.

"Lyric! Stampy!" Preston said as I leaped at him knocking him to the ground while Stampy started purring loudly but he was rubbing himself on Preston, "Why is your fur muddy Lyric?" Preston asked right before pushing me into the lake.

Shaking my head I playfully growled right before picking up Stampy and dropping him in the water, "Wet!" Stampy yelled while he jumped up onto the shore, I could see Sylvester, Ace, and Zeno running towards us.

"Who dis?" Ace asked as they got to us, "This is Preston!" I said happily while Preston's hand rested on my head, "So you're the one we were suppose to capture." Ace said right before being bit on the leg by Zeno.

"What?" Preston asked the wolves, "He meant nothing! But Lyric helped us get out, we're sorry to taking Lyric and Stampy hostage please forgive us." Zeno said crouching as low as he could, "He speaks the truth we're really sorry we had to do it or else Zeno would have gotten punished." Sylvester said looking at the ground.

"I forgive you." Preston said rolling his eyes, "Thanks." Sylvester said right before Zeno grabbed Stampy and threw him into the lake, "Why did you throw the cat!" Sylvester said laughing as Stampy got back onto the shore.

'This will be interesting with them around.'

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!