Ch 10:Gun Shot

(Leon's POV)

As I walked around I saw Deserae sitting in a tree near a store, 'what is this guy up to this time.' I thought as I sat back and took a drink of my coffee, suddenly Preston walked out of the shop that Deserae was camping with a pack of cards.

I saw Deserae pull out a pistol and aim it at Preston, "Preston!" I yelled getting up quickly forgetting about the coffee and ran towards Deserae and managed to push his arm up into the air to where the pistol shot into the sky instead of being shot at Preston.

I saw Preston duck down quickly, as the gun shot was loud enough to wake up everyone, "What were you thinking Deserae!" I yelled, making Deserae cower away, "What in the earth could make you want to kill someone!" I yelled knowing that I wasn't off the hook from back then.

I saw Deserae look down as I stood in between him and Preston, "Preston." Rob said running towards Preston to make sure that he was alright. "Main building now." I demanded to Deserae, I followed Deserae until we had gotten to the Main building.

"Make sure he tells the truth if something seems off just call me." I said to the lady at the front office, "Okay will do." She said right before I left the building 'can't believe he done that, traitor.' I thought as I walked towards the library.

I saw that Preston was hanging out with Connor, Andi, Rob, and Vikk, I looked away and kept walking towards the library, 'why can't I stop this feeling.' I thought as I was almost at the library, 'I obviously care for him, yet I can't stop hating him.' I thought looking at the ground in guilt.

After I had gotten into the library I decided to go to the fiction section of the library that was on the second floor, looking through the books one book caught my eye, a red and black book with the title of 'The Prophecy of Heroes' it read in gold letters.

Picking it up I opened it and started reading,

(Rob's POV)

As I stood next to Preston I was protective over him, I didn't know who tried to shoot at Preston but it seems like Connor, and Andi knew who he was, not only that but I was also confused by Leon saving Preston and right after taking the guy to the main building.

I looked at Connor to see that he was watching Leon closely as he walked towards the library, "I kind of want to know why he saved me." Preston said getting our attention, "You remember what he tried to do last time!" Vikk said worried about Preston.

"Vikk both me and you know who is more dangerous here, Leon's nothing compared to Deserae's desires." Preston said looking at Vikk who looked towards the fountain that was in the middle of the clearing.

"Deserae?" I said confused at who that was, "The guy to tried to shoot me, he's dangerous, I want you all to stay away from him." Preston demanded looking at Connor who looked away from Preston, "Promise, me that." Preston said right before walking away towards the rooms.

"I know it's hard Connor but the only thing we can do right now is stand back and let him take the lead of what to do." Vikk said to Connor who looked hurt, "We did that back then, you left and I faked my death, look at what that has done." Connor said with hate in his voice.

I heard a whimper from somewhere, looking around I couldn't see where it came from until I felt a tug on my pants, looking down I saw Lyric sitting there tugging on my pants leg, "Lyric?" I said confused, I saw her look up at me with happiness.

'She's not your pup.' a voice said from the back of my head, I looked at Lyric to make sure that it really was Lyric, "How have you been." I asked knowing that she could talk, "Rob!" Lyric said as I scooped her up into my arms and held her.

I felt a cool breeze blow by me as I held Lyric, "So what's the plan Connor." Andi asked getting our attention to Connor, "I know that Preston told us to stay away but no one is going to threaten my family." Connor said his eyes turning to a gold color.

"Calm down, we have some time, besides like Preston said Leon is less dangerous than Deserae." Vikk said as Lyric had her ears pulled back, "Yeah that's what I'm worried about!" Connor said anger clear in his voice.

"If it wasn't for your plan Preston wouldn't be like this!" Vikk said anger starting to seep into his voice, "Both of you need to calm down now, it's both of yours fault!" Andi said annoyed and frustrated clear in her voice.

I heard Lyric whimper a little which made me mad, "Enough!" I yelled causing all three of them to stop their fight and look at me, "We shouldn't be fighting, we are a pack we deal with our problems together." I said glaring at them.

"But-" "No buts Vikk, or anyone, now when you three are done fighting over something in the past, come find me." I said turning around with Lyric in my arms and walked away towards the park, which I heard was really pretty but I haven't been able to visit it yet.

"Where are we going?" Lyric asked looking up at me, "Away from that drama, and to the park." I said trying to keep a happy attitude but it was hard since the others were either blaming each other or fighting.

As we reached the park I set Lyric down to play, "Pweston!"Lyric said unable to pronounce Preston's name for some reason, "Hey, Lyric." Preston said with fake happiness, "Lyric go find a good stick and I'll play fetch with you." I said to Lyric right before she ran off.

Sitting down beside Preston I saw him lay his head on his knees and look at the park, "What's wrong Preston?"

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!