Ch 13: Hoping for love? + Sneak Peek?

(Jerome's POV)

As I stood next to Mitch I was making sure that Deserae and Leon had ran away, but one thing kept bothering me, 'why does Mitch always ignore me?' I thought looking at him while he sat glaring at the field where Leon and Deserae ran.

"Something on your mind?" I asked which apparently scared him since he jumped a little and looked back at me, "Yeah, I just don't think it would be right to tell anyone what it is, they would get mad." Mitch said looking down.

I watched him as he picked up a stick and throw it towards the field only to have it hit one of the paths of the park, "You know you can tell me what it is." I said trying to comfort him but he only sighed and looked towards the sky.

"There you guys are!" Lachlan yelled with Vikk beside him as they approached us, "I heard that Connor was hit any word." Vikk asked worry clear in his voice, "He'll be fine the bullet barely got through his bullet proof vest." Preston said from behind us.

"Wait he was wearing a bullet proof vest, I thought he was a wolf when he got hit!" Lachlan said confused and angry, "It's complicated, but it basically shifts with him I guess." Preston said shrugging while sounding confused.

"That's good." Vikk said sounding less worried and sounded more like normal, 'it's kind of weird that Connor, Preston, and Vikk are able to stay calm whenever they want' I thought looking at Vikk.

"Anyways what was bothering you Mitch?" I whispered to Mitch not wanting to bring attention to Mitch, "I'll tell that." Preston said standing between me and Mitch who was looking towards the ground, "I asked Mitch." I said getting a bit angry.

"But I know what is on his mind right now and that's the fact that I basically destroyed not only Enderflight, but Fireside, and Windfalls. What else do you want to know Jerome." Preston said balling up his fist.

"You what!" Lachlan said right before Vikk held him back from hitting Preston, I looked around to see that Rob was walking over towards us, "What's going on?" Rob asked looking towards Lachlan.

"Preston destroyed Windfalls back then!" Lachlan said trying to get out of Vikk's grasp, "Wait what." Rob said in disbelief, "Yeah I basically destroyed Windfalls without meaning to, then again Mitch was the one to teleport it." Preston said not moving from where he was but looking down thinking.

"Don't pin this on Mitch." I said my anger rising but I kept my cool, "he's right." Mitch said his back turned to us while he was looking down, "Wait let me get this right you destroyed Windfalls, and you still fought for it." Rob said anger seeping into his voice.

"I didn't bring the Dragon, I only brought the wither." Preston said looking towards the ground in sadness, "The wither did the most damage, you know how important that place was!" Lachlan yelled making Preston take a step back.

"You don't know what someone been through until you walk in their shoes." Preston said only to dodge one of Lachlan's fists that went flying above him, "Answer the question." Lachlan demanded his voice sounding dangerous.

"Yes I knew how important Windfalls was to all of you! I knew how important Enderflight was to the land, but what about the hidden towns." Preston said sounding upset and mad at the same time.

Everyone was taken aback from Preston's sudden anger, "You know some only want to be loved, and some want to give love, I try to be both but forget it." Preston said turning around and walked off his his hanging.

I couldn't help but feel like we had pushed his boundary, "Really you guys really pushed him to tell that." Connor said from behind us scaring us, "What do you mean." Rob asked annoyed that Connor was protecting him.

"He already feels like he owes his life to you guys, and not only that he might be going off to find Deserae and Leon to fight them." Connor said his eyes held anger and betrayal, "So, he deserves it for destroying Windfalls and Enderflight." Lachlan said looking back towards the direction Preston went

"Lyric follow Preston make sure he doesn't fight. Anything." Connor demanded making the last word sounding more important then the sentence. "What do you mean by anything?" I asked looking at Connor.

"Preston will fight anything and everyone." Vikk said raising his head from looking down, "How do you know that and not us?" Rob asked a hint of jealousy in his voice, "Like Preston said you won't know anyone until you walk in their shoes." Vikk said looking towards Connor who was showing no emotion.

"Why do you know so much about Preston Vikk?" Lachlan asked looking down at him, "Because I knew Preston before he attacked Enderflight, way before that." Vikk said looking at Lachlan with confusement in his eyes.

"Preston was right about one thing." Connor said getting our attentions, he tried to be both but ended up being rejected, and for someone like him it's heartbreaking." Connor said turning around and walking back towards the campus.

All of the sudden the air felt like it had gone cold, only then did we hear a howl ring out right before the ground shook underneath us, "Oh no!" everyone yelled while we were laying on the ground.

I looked around to see multiple dead trees grow out of nowhere, and a couple of large spikes made out of rock shoot up out of the ground, pushing myself up I saw Preston zigzagging back and fourth dodging spikes and dead trees while Lyric was clinging to his shoulders.

I watched as a tree pushed Preston into the air, making Lyric loose her grip and fall down to the ground, the ground shook violently making me fall back down to the ground but I could clearly see that

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!

Okay here's the Sneak Peak of what's going to happen!

(Unknown POV)

Running through the forest I saw multiple trees flash by as I felt like I was running over air, I looked back to see a foggy black figure running behind me, suddenly a small blue object flew by me and hit a tree that was in my path.

A few minutes later I could no longer hear anyone running behind me, coming to a stop I stood in a small clearing that the leaves broke to reveal the night sky above, breathing hard I thought back to what happened today.

*Eight Hours Ago*

As I walked through the town of Enderflight I was looking into shops for anything I would need for the next week, I basically had everything I would need, my wooden sword was hanging at my waist, shaking my head to clear my thoughts I started towards my house.

I was concentrating on what I was going to do until my friend Leo stepped into my path with a glare in his eyes, I noticed that I was near his house which was a bit better than mine and was worth a lot more than mine.

"Why are you stopping me Leo." I asked taking a step back while hatred was clear in his eyes, "You know why." Leo responded with anger his eyes looked crazed as he raised his shining bronze sword to my throat.

I looked at him scared and afraid of what had happened to him, "If I was you I would run or else." Leo said his voice sounding more crazed each word he said, right as I was about to turn and run an arrow red like fire flew and hit my friend in the throat knocking him to the ground.

Looking towards him I saw....

One year ago a person signed up to a website called Wattpad, this person always had room to tell a story or even hear one, being called a false author messed the person up, but they ended up powering through it, this person was always wanting to tell their stories that they made up but never knew where to start, they never regretted signing up, and they'll never will.

So thank you everyone for inspiring me to keep going no matter what!