Ch 40: Fooxes!

(Mitch's POV)

As I walked towards the lake rain was falling down on me, 'why can't everyday be rainy?' I thought as I walked through the rain and towards the lake, braking through the undergrowth I saw the large lake the surface of it was rippling

Looking around I spotted Preston standing on one side of the lake with a large rock in his hand, I saw him take the rock and set it in the water, suddenly that lake surface was glimmering even though it was raining.

I stood in shock as Preston looked around and walked towards the rocks that we used to sit on, watching him he set the rock in a small place in the rocks where the white rock would always touch the water.

After Preston looked satisfied of where he set it he got up and walked away back into the trees, turning my attention back towards the lake I felt the rain hit my jacket, "What are ya doing all the way out here?" Jerome asked from behind me.

About to get up I felt hands pick me up with ease, "Hey let me down!" I yelled trying to get down, "Okay." Jerome said dropping me to the ground, shaking my head I saw him sit beside me, "So mind tell me why you are all the way out here while it's raining? Everyone else is back at the dorms." Jerome mentioned while looking at me.

"I guess I just needed time to think about what just happened." I said truthfully 'I haven't lied to him yet and I don't plan on it.' I thought as I looked at him, I saw him smile at me, "To be honest same." Jerome said looking towards the lake.

"It's shining again." Jerome said in disbelief, "Yeah Preston had a white rock with him and as soon as he put the white rock in the water it started shining." I explained looking out into the lake.

"I would say something but I don't know what to say, I guess that's what they mean by you being the son of space." Jerome said smiling while I slightly blushed, "Hey! We are on neutral ground right now." I taunted pointing to the sand underneath us.

"That doesn't mean I can be myself, besides you're like a shooting star to me you make me stare in awe." Jerome teased more while looking at me, I of course was blushing a bit more, "How do you think Preston will react when he finds out-" I tried to change the subject before being cut off.

"Hey! Don't change the subject!" Jerome said as he scooted closer to me, "I-I'm n-not I'm j-just-" I managed to say through my stuttering, "Yes you are~." Jerome taunted while snickering, "N-no I'm n-not!" I stuttered while trying to ignore him and look at the lake.

Suddenly without warning he pulled me close to him, I could tell that I was blushing a lot "Yes you are~" Jerome said tauntingly while keeping me close to him, "N-n-no I'm n-not!" I said blushing a bit harder.

"Anyways never mind that, we still have a lot to do." I said changing the subject and pulled away from Jerome, looking over the lake I let my mind wonder 'what is Preston hiding?' I thought as the rain picked up and was pouring down harder.

"Come on lets go." Jerome said getting up, looking up at him confused I could tell that he had something planned, getting up I followed him towards the forest, "What are we doing?" I asked but got no answer from him.

Soon it seemed like we were following a path, yawning I was getting sleepier and sleepier, "When are we going?" I asked wanting to be back in my bed asleep, "we're almost there just don't fall asleep yet okay?" Jerome joked not looking back at me.

"Okay." I said trying to sound awake, suddenly two foxes a black one and a white one ran in front of me stopping I looked at the foxes as they just looked up at me, crouching I held out my hand towards the foxes.

I saw the black one sniff my hand while the white one pressed it's head against my hand, I watched the two foxes yip at each other right before the black on ran off into the bushes, looking at where the black fox went I was confused at where the fox went.

Suddenly the black fox came out with four fox kits around him and one in his mouth, the one in his mouth was a pure black fox, the other four were a lot different, one of the kits looked like a silver fox.

Another one looked like a red fox, another was a white one with black ears, tail tip, and brown paws, and the last one was a sandy color with darker brown markings on its fur,  all of the four on the ground had orange and yellow eyes.

I saw the white fox walk up to the black fox and nuzzle it, suddenly a large wolf jumped out of the bushes its fur dark with a thick red liquid some of it had already died, the foxes quickly got behind me.

Standing up I glared at the wolf that was grey with darker and lighter grey markings, "Leave." I said challenging the wolf looked afraid of me, and as quick as lightning the wolf ran off away, turning to the foxes I held my hand out to them.

I felt the black fox nuzzle my hand right before putting the kit that it had in it's mouth in front of me, "Please take them to a safe place...you are our only hope for our kits." The black fox said pleadingly while the other fox kits ran up to me and started playing with my shoe laces.

"Please the kingdom of night needs these kits!" The white fox said with plead, "Don't worry I'll keep them safe, I promise." I said petting the one that the Black fox put down, "The black with white markings is Void, the silver is Blade, the red one is Fang, the sandy one is Dune, and the white with black and brown doesn't have a name yet." the white fox said sitting down in front of me.

Looking at the white fox kit I sat that it was tackling Blade, "Galaxy." I said looking at the small fox, "Sounds good but now we have to go but first." The black fox said right before biting my hand, "Ow what was that for!" I asked examining my hand to see if it was major or not.

"You'll need the gift of the fox to speak to them, please take care of them we are entrusting you with the future of the kingdom." The black fox said running off into the bushes, "Give that a day to heal and you'll see what we mean by the gift." The white fox said running after the black fox.

"Great I'm a parent now....hooray." I said right before looking down at the fox kits smiling I took off my jacket and made it into a makeshift basket to hold the fox kits, scooping them up I set them in the basket and looked around.

"Jerome?"

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!