Ch 49: New Information

(Rob's POV)

As Preston fell asleep in my arms he seemed to want to hold on to me, it was like he was afraid of losing me, 'you did kind of betray him.' I thought looking towards the ground again I felt a cold nose press against my back.

Looking back I saw that it was Lyric and Stampy, "Are you okay?" Lyric asked quietly, "Yeah just enjoying the stars." I whispered back to Lyric, looking at the stars I felt Lyric lay down beside me, looking down again I saw that Lyric had curled up next to me and Stampy was curled up next to Lyric next to her belly.

Smiling I looked back up at the stars I could tell it could have been minutes or even two hours before my phone buzzed in my pocket, reaching in my pocket I carefully took out my phone to not disturb them.

I saw that it was Mitch who was calling me, answering it I put it up to my ear, "Hey where are you?" Mitch asked with a bit of anger, "I'm looking at the stars...You?" I asked through the phone not wanting to tell Mitch where I was.

"I heard you splashed Ethan and Preston with a big wave of water, but I'm guessing it was to save Preston?" Mitch asked through the phone, "Yeah how did ya know?" I said with fake confusion, "I just want to know why you did it." Mitch said.

"I did it out of love Mitch you would do the same for Jerome." I said keeping my voice low as Preston only tightened his hold on me, smiling I knew that I was happier working with Preston, "I know but still our powers shouldn't be that strong the last time I saw you do that was-" Mitch said being cut off by me.

"Yeah back before the final battle when I sent it at Frost and Preston and split them into two wolves." I said rolling my eyes, "Wait how did you know how tall it was?" I asked confused, "I was in the tree line with Lachlan, Vikk, and Jerome." Mitch flatly.

"Oh." I said looking back at the stars. "Listen Rob we have to keep up the fake loyalty to keep Preston alive, they made an exception for you." Mitch said. "What do you mean by that?" I asked a bit worried.

"They know that you won't follow them so if we just stay loyal then we might be able to save Preston" Mitch said "okay but be safe Mitch okay?" I asked as Lyric yawned but didn't wake, "I will and I'm here with Jerome remember what Connor said no one goes alone." Mitch said right before hanging up.

Putting the phone back in my pocket I looked back at the stars, but suddenly claws dug into my back holding back a cry of pain I held still, "You really think that water takes brake in life?" A voice said from behind me.

Grabbing the legs of the animal I quickly gripped them hard making them let go of me and them swung them over my head and in front of me to where they were over the edge, "Why are you here." I said with quiet anger.

"I'm here to make sure you don't forget your powers, the other mythical animals are talking with Lachlan, Jerome, Vikk, and Mitch already, but The phoenix is speaking to Preston in his dreams." The enfield said moving it's hind wolf paws to try and get somewhere safe.

"I haven't forgotten them, I know I have them I just don't choose to use them." I said to the enfield that glared at me, "Now tell me what are you going to tell me." I said tauntingly while I kept him over the side.

"I came to warn you as well, things won't end up with Preston just winning and everything being cupcakes and rainbows." The enfield growled his glare hardening, "So, how's that suppose to affect me?" I asked glaring back at him.

"Oh how you would like to know wouldn't you but I'm not aloud to tell you that would be against Preston's plan and with you guys knowing he knows that you all might stop him." The Enfield growled while I quickly looked down at Preston.

"You know about a plan that Preston has, but won't tell me?" I asked wanting to know, "Yeah and so does Lyric and Stampy, and so did Andi and Connor." The Enfield smirked his eyes holding power.

Dropping him I saw him swiftly grip the rock and get down slowly, "Yeah yeah go back to where you came from." I said to him while I glared at him, I saw him run into the forest and vanishing into the bushes, I felt Preston hold on me tighter.

'Plan huh.....Guess I'll have to find out but right now I need to be somewhere to not raise any questions. ' I thought as I got up slowly and making sure that I didn't wake them up, looking at Preston I saw that he was sleeping peacefully.

Sighing I felt bad for leaving them here, I felt a strong connection to Lyric and Preston as I left and walked into the woods, holding back the want to go back to them and stay I kept going into the woods and I felt the pull of the lake as I kept going towards the school.

I could feel the brewing storm inside me as I kept walking each step feeling heavy, and soon I was looking out across the lake it was shining brilliantly even though it was cloudy, foggy, and was night.

I felt something awaken in me and with a swift motion I swung my hand towards the sky and in the middle of the lake the water rushed up forming a tube and it seemed like the clouds were sucking up the water.

Dropping my hand to my side I saw the water rushed down but the surface of the lake didn't change it just stayed the same, looking at it I saw it swirl by itself I took a step back but I couldn't run but I stood and watched as the water swirled in the middle.

Holding my breath I watched as the water rose out of the lake forming a large-

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!

Also We are 3/4 of the way to being at 1k! And The Pack of Heroes book is almost there at 3k! Can we hit both marks?!

Anyways! this is 1/2 publishes for today since my sleep schedule took over.