Ch 46: Fighting Ethan

(Preston's POV)

As I stood there I felt my powers surge with me and I quickly got my wooden wolf out of my pocket to see it fix itself, suddenly I saw it glow as the red paint that use to be on it came back, slipping on the red wolf I looked at Ethan coldly.

I saw fear run through his eyes, "Stampy you ready?" I asked as Stampy jumped on my shoulder and balanced there, "Definitely." Stampy said his voice sounding just as cold as mine, I could tell that Connor had gotten to safety.

Suddenly Ethan tried to hit me, backing up I easily dodged his attack, dropping to the ground I quickly swept my leg across the ground and hit his making him fall down, getting up I backed up but I could tell that he had an advantage here since I barley got any sleep.

Thinking quickly I kept dodging until I noticed that his attacks were getting slower and slower, dodging under one of his attacks I slipped behind him and kicked his back, retreating a bit since I had to regain a bit of energy from dodging so much.

Suddenly Ethan ran towards Connor who was sitting on the ground "Connor!" I yelled running after Ethan but I was to late he had already attacked Connor who was on the ground, "Preston calm down." Stampy said silently to me.

With renew energy I managed to push Ethan further away from Connor than I thought, once Ethan was on the ground in pain I rushed back towards Connor and crouched next to him, "Connor!" I yelled as I saw him look up at me sadness in his eyes.

I felt Lyric brush up against me but I was to concentrated on Connor, "Don't let anyone bring you down okay?........Brother?" Connor said right before he closed his eyes and took his final breath, sitting there I felt like everything was torn away from me.

None of the other pack members were coming over to comfort me or even be sad that Connor was now gone, "You were my sun on my darkest day Connor don't forget that." I whispered right before getting up and looked towards the woods to see the large wolf standing there looking at the wolf around my neck.

"You have to talk to him....or he might keep on hunting you down for that wolf." Stampy said jumping on my shoulder, walking towards the bushes I left Connor but Lyric followed me, "You don't have to follow me Lyric." I said looking down at her.

"Connor wouldn't want me to go alone so I'm just following the only rule that he put down." Lyric said looking at the ground as we walked through the bushes, "Follow me son of Fire and we may speak in private." The wolf said walking up to us.

"Lead the way." I said right before following the wolf deeper into the forest until we were in a small clearing that I recognized as the first camp, "I'm allowing you to keep the wolves." The wolf said turning his gaze to me.

"But the whole reason of them was to keep an eye on Connor." I said holding my red wooden wolf, "Yes but after what I seen what you can do with the power of fire you may burn things down, but you can cause new things to happen, keep that in mind okay." The wolf said right before running off into the bushes.

Sighing I knew what I had to do, "So what's the plan Preston, "Take down the rest of Leon's group then take down Ethan and then go fight Leon." I said looking at Stampy and then to Lyric, "What if it backfires?" Lyric asked.

"You need to stay out of the way Lyric we both know why you need to I don't need to lose more family." I said to her while patting her head, walking off into the trees I felt changed, looking up into the trees I easily spotted Phobus and Fin.

Waiting in the trees I was deciding on weather to let them go quickly or drag out their death, 'how about both.' I thought smirking I felt Lyric on my right and Stampy on my left, and in my hand was the silver sword fixed and back to it's original self.

Gripping the handle of the blade hard I felt my anger grow more and more as I stared at the two, "Did ya hear, Preston broke off a fight just to protect his weak brother!" Phobus said to Fin who laughed, "Next will be his little brother!" Fin joked.

'Not on my watch.' I thought as I sprung out and slashed my sword across Phobus's chest, I heard Lyric growl along with Stampy hissing as they attacked Fin who yelped in fear right before suddenly going silent.

Looking at Fin I saw that Lyric had her paw on his muzzle and was pushing it deeper and deeper into the mud and Stampy had left multiple claw marks on Fin and even Fin's legs looked sickly broken.

Looking back at Phobus I saw that he had fear in his eyes, "You know it's funny that the weakest lived out of the strongest." I teased evilly, "Leon will win and you'll regret doing this!" Phobus tried to counter but failed.

"Yeah sure I will, but at least I'll get my sweet revenge on you three, after all these years I knew that waiting was worth it." I said tauntingly "What are you salty that your weak brother can't protect himself!" Fin protested.

"Lyric." I said to Lyric and she pushed his muzzle more into the mud, "You know what's funny? How I know exactly what the last words of your companions were and you don't." I taunted seeing fear run through his eyes even more.

"Jolon last words was 'alright be quick'; Das's was 'bye'; Azazel's was 'We couldn't have he had already left when I got the phone call remember?'; Hannah's was 'Maybe we should have told Das this before he left!'; and Grace's was 'You'll never make it to the ranks of Leo!'" I said remembering every single one.

I saw fear once again run through his eyes, "But I find it amusing that you're the last one of Das, Azazel, and you I was sure that Das would be the last one but oh well." I said right before I took the sword and wrote a letter P in his shoulder.

I could feel Phobus starting to drift out of life, "You'll regret doing this!" Phobus said right before he let out his final breath, smiling I heard Fin moving behind me, turning around I saw that Lyric had his full muzzle in the mud but he was quickly getting weaker and weaker.

And soon he stopped moving completely, "Lets go we can leave them for Leon and Ethan to find." I said going into the bushes, 'maybe I can take day brake and work on my powers a bit'

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!