Ch 60: Beginning of the End

(Preston's POV)

"Preston it's almost sun-high!" Lyric yelled down from the tree, looking up I could see that it was almost sun high, 'When time slows you'll be near the end of your plan' Connor's words rang in my head as I looked up at the sky.

I could tell that the others were looking at me, 'Time won't slow at the end Preston, so you must fight with what you got.' Andi's words echoed in my thoughts, "Lyric what does it matter if it's sun high?" I asked looking up at Lyric.

I saw her look at the sky and back at me before jumping down, "Nothing just saying that it's sun high which means lunch!" Lyric said running in a random direction, "Wait Lyric!" I said taking off after Lyric.

Suddenly a pure white wolf ran past me, "Try to keep up Preston!" Rob teased as he looked back at me, "If this is a race then so be it!" I teased as I somehow shifted and bolted past Rob, I could tell that everyone else was running behind us.

Soon me and Rob were gaining on Lyric, looking at Rob I could tell that he was trying his hardest to get past me, bolting ahead I zoomed past Lyric making her yelp in surprise "Try to keep up!" I yelled back as I turned toward the lake.

As I ran four crystals appeared in front of me, yelping I tried to skid to a stop but I ended up stumbling over myself and fell to the ground, pushing myself up I looked at the crystals in fear as they were floating above the ground.

I heard the others stop as I kept staring at the crystals, I could hear a faint whispering coming from somewhere, I looked at Rob as I noticed that a thick fog was settling in, "Pack....Protect." was the only words that I could make out from the whispering.

Suddenly a loud evil laugh rang out through out the fog looking around I heard the foxes whine, but I could hear the whimpering of the wolves, shifting back I looked around but the thick fog only got thicker and thicker until I could barely see anyone.

"You really thought that you could just leave!" Leon's voice rang out, I could hear Lyric whispering to one of the wolves who answered with a "Okay" looking around I could see a dark figure in the fog.

"Follow the trail to the night and don't fall." Mitch said 'probably to the foxes' I thought as I didn't take my eyes off the dark figure that seemed to be moving around I heard multiple paw steps that told me that the wolves and the foxes were gone.

Jumping forwards I grabbed the four crystals that disappeared in my hand once I had a hold of them, I felt the powers combine with mine and I could feel the burn of the powers as they wanted to be used.

I saw the figure jump back as I landed in a battle stance, "Preston?" Rob's voice asked through the fog, "Why is there thick fog!" Jerome's voice said "Run the other way from my voice there's danger here." I yelled back at them.

I heard them run the other direction, turning around and running I heard growling, from behind me, "You can't fight back Preston." Leon's voice said from behind me bursting through the fog I saw that the others were looking back at the fog.

Turning around I glared at the fog right before a phoenix came out it was the mythical phoenix that was my guardian, ducking down I felt the rush of air as the talons of the phoenix went right where my shoulder was.

Backing up I saw Leon walk out of the fog a smirk on his face, I felt fear run through me as I looked at him, "We were wrong to think that your plan would work." the phoenix said flying over to Leon and landed on his shoulder.

I kept my glare on the Phoenix and Leon but I could tell that Stampy and Lyric were at my side, "What do you mean." Mitch asked, 'I had just gotten their trust back!' I thought as I had my hand on Lyric's muzzle to keep her quiet.

"Well lets see the Mythical beasts never worked for you guys they always worked for me." Leon said taking a step towards me, I could only stay still but I felt Lyric and Stampy take a step back, and I could tell that the others had as well.

"So it's a good thing I never told them my actual plan." I said with a smirk I saw everyone even the phoenix look at me in surprise, "My plan was never told to anyone, and if it was I wouldn't trust anyone but the pack not even the mythical beast or the ancestors." I said still glaring.

"But if that was true then you wouldn't tell Connor, or Stampy, not even Lyric!" Leon said clearly upset, "They are part of the pack even if they don't know, but trust me I only trust certain people, maybe someone else knew about the plan, someone in your group Leon." I said glaring at him.

I saw confusement cloud his gaze, "The plan I follow wasn't just made by me it was made by me and Deserae." I said then surprise and fear replaced his confusement, "What." I heard the pack say from behind me.

Looking at the ground I looked back up at Leon again, "That's why I regret killing him." I said not caring about anyone's trust, "Finish him off while you still can!" a voice said from the fog, looking at the fog I saw Grace standing there triumph clear in her gaze.

I could tell that it pained Rob to see her, "To tell the truth I regret killing them all." I said knowing that they already knew what I did, "but there's one thing I regret the most." I said glaring at Leon, "And what's that." Leon taunted.

"Meeting you."

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!