Ch 21: Round 2...FIGHT!

(Lachlan's POV)

As I stood up I watched though the dust that had flown into the air when I sent my prince dragon to the ground, listening I heard a stick break from someone stepping on it,  as I looked around a dragon's tail came out of nowhere and hit me.

As I was flung sideways I was flung out of the dust, hitting a tree I fell to the ground with a thud, "Lachlan!" Vikk's voice yelled from my right, I could only feel pain as I looked to my right to see the others were standing there except for Vikk who was running towards me.

I could hear the thud of the Prince dragon's feet hitting the ground grow louder as he came closer and closer, and as Vikk came closer and closer I readied myself for using my powers, getting up I made a bolt of lightning hit in front of Vikk making him stop.

Collapsing to the ground I could hear the thuds of the prince dragon grow louder and louder until they stopped, looking up I saw my Prince dragon standing there the three heads looking at me with anger in them.

As I tried to push myself up I felt a hand land on my shoulder, looking toward my left I saw that Preston had his hand on my shoulder and was crouched next to me, "What are you doing?" I asked a bit worried for him.

"You got rid of Leon by scaring him off, now I have to do something for you, just watch and talk when you have to." Preston said whispering to before the Prince dragon showed signs of using an attack on us.

Suddenly Preston ran forwards stopped in front of me "Stop!" Preston yelled his voice having anger and was demanding, the Prince dragon stopped the attack and looked at Preston in confusion.

"But Son of Fire-" My prince dragon said before being cut off, "You don't belong to me, I wasn't chosen by you, Lachlan was and you were about to hurt him even more, what happened to the dragon code!" Preston yelled making my Prince dragon back up at the sudden words.

'Wait how does he know about the dragon code?' I thought as I watched Preston stand in front of me while my Prince dragon looked afraid, I felt someone wrap their arms around me but I was concentrated on Preston and my Prince dragon.

"No, you don't know about the Dragon code you were never in Windfalls!" My prince dragon growled right before shooting a ball of flame at Preston, who barely dodged it by jumping out of the way.

I could tell that Preston was tired and needed rest as he jumped out of the way of another ball of fire that only missed him by an inch, as I watched I saw a spike throw Preston into the air, suddenly my Prince dragon flew into the air after him.

Without thinking I ran forwards and shifted into my golden and white dragon and took off into the air ignoring the pain that would have kept me back, flying up high I grabbed Preston with my two front paws and held him close to me.

Looking straight forwards I saw my Prince dragon glaring at me with all three heads, his teeth bared in a snarl as I held onto Preston who seemed to be knocked out, with a deep breath I roared loudly but I knew in the state that I was in I was no match for him.

Flying up I turned backwards and quickly flew downwards to try and avoid fighting My prince dragon with Preston in my care, spreading out my wings I landed softly on the ground and laid Preston on the ground.

As soon as Preston touched the ground I felt sharp claws dig into my shoulders again and haul me backwards, using my front claws I dug them into the ground and pulled myself forwards making me stand above Preston just in case he was after him.

Shaking myself I rolled over squashing my Prince dragon against the ground, standing up quickly I leaped into the air and onto him, digging in my claws into my Prince dragon I could hear that others were getting Preston to safety while I fought my Prince dragon.

I felt his tail hit against my leg but I quickly let go of him and jumped backwards flapping my wings to keep me in the air, roaring loudly I glared at him, and he glared back with anger, landing on the ground I stood there just staring at him but I didn't move a muscle when he took a step forwards.

"I promised to keep my loyalty to you, and I have, but when it comes to my friends I will break that promise." I roared as I stared at him, suddenly he launched himself at me, but I quickly ducked and he flew right over me, turning around I stared at him.

Without warning I sent many bolts of lightning at him with just one roar, I saw the bolts hit him backwards making him fall over onto his back giving me a chance to run forwards and jump into the air.

Grabbing a hold of his back paws with my back paws I flew upwards bringing him along with me, once I had reached the acquired height I let go of his paws but he held onto me, so I swiftly hit him across the face.

I felt him let go and I watched him as he tried to steady himself so that he could fly, flying down with him I sent multiple blows from my claws down his spine, I could remember when he was bigger than me in my dragon form, but that was a long time ago back before everyone met.

Soon I could see the ground and I grabbed on of his paws and flung him to the ground while I opened my wings and slowed me down, but it wasn't enough I hit the ground with a thud leaving an indent in the ground where I landed.

Getting up I saw that we had brought up a little bit of dust but not enough to not be able to see anything in it, standing on my back paws I reared up ready for another attack but I saw-