Ch 45: Betrayed Trust?

(Preston's POV)

As we walked through the trees Rob was quiet, "you okay?" I asked not turning my head, I only got silence every time I would try and talk to him, stopping I saw Rob stop and look back at me, "Are.....you mad at me?" I asked while looking at the ground feeling guilty even though I lied about not killing them.

I saw fear run through his eyes right before he looked away and kept walking, walking with him I felt shame a guilt keep building up until I couldn't take it anymore, stopping I waited until Rob had stopped a couple of feet away from me.

"You head back to the others I'm going to clear my head." I said right before dashing through the bushes and towards the cave that had the white stone in it, after a while of running I stopped and listened but luckily I hear no one coming.

Sitting on the ground the overbearing guilt and shame build up over powering my ambition and my want for revenge, holding my head in my hands I felt like crying and just letting Leon win, 'you messed up and they wouldn't even care about you!' I thought as I just sat there.

Soon I got up and kept making my way to the cave, going down through the tunnel I quickly made my way to the large cave, walking towards the lake I sat down at the edge and just held back tears that kept threatening to spill.

'What would happen if you just gave up, do you think that they would forget you or would they fight to keep you alive!' I thought as I stared at my reflection, while looking at my reflection I saw my old self, when I was in the night guild I had on a chest harness and had the look of pride and bravery.

"Why do I feel like I'm not even allowed to be myself anymore!" I yelled making the cave echo, familiar arms wrapped around me and pulled me close to their owner, by this time I was crying, "You okay?" Rob asked comfortingly.

"Are you angry with me?" I asked him, "No." Rob answered while keeping his arms around me, "Then there's your answer." I said still crying, I felt Rob lift me up onto his lap but I only leaned against him.

"What's wrong?" Rob asked keeping a firm hold on me, tired and exhausted I looked up at him, "I'm worried that you'll leave me alone like everyone else did in the past." I said snuggling up to him, "I could never leave you Preston even if you lie a lot." Rob said tightening his hold on me.

I felt sleep start taking over quickly, soon I was almost asleep when Rob murmured something but since I was to sleepy to catch it or respond to it I quickly fell asleep in Rob's arms, 'If only you knew what I did then you wouldn't even be here with me'

+_=-=-Dream-=-=_+

As I stood in a large field with Leon on the other side I felt weak and tired, but looking around I saw the others, Andi, Matt and Pete was there with them as well, but they had fear in their eyes, like I was dangerous to them.

'I would never hurt them!' I thought as I looked at them suddenly something seemed off time seemed to have froze and then it hit me Lyric was no where in sight, fear ran through me at the thought of Lyric being gone.

Looking around I was soon at another place I was at the lake, looking up I saw Ethan standing over Connor who laid in a puddle of a dark red liquid, I felt anger rise up but I tried to calm myself down "it's only a dream." I kept saying over and over in my head.

Soon I was back in the forest and I had to watch myself sneak around Azazel, Grace, and Hannah right before I struck them down with the silver sword, I felt the guilt and shame build up again, but apparently me being in enough suffering wasn't enough because I was in the hospital room that Jolon was in.

Looking around I wanted to change what I did but I couldn't react with anything nothing would move or anything even if tried, I watched myself as I snuck closer and closer to the cords until I was eventually close enough to do what I did.

+_=-=-End-=-=_+

Waking up suddenly there was no trace of Rob anywhere, wiping away the cold sweat that was on my forehead, I quickly got up knowing that the dream was telling me that something was severely off.

Running into the darkness of the tunnels I emerged on the surface, looking around I saw no tracks or anything pulling out my wooden wolf I tried to use it to see where everyone was but it wasn't working there was missing chunks of wood from it.

Breathing heavily I looked around trying to find out how to fix the wolf like I did back then, "You broke the wolf!" An angry voice said from no where, "I didn't break it someone else did!" I yelled looking around wildly.

Suddenly a large wolf walked out of the shadows of the cave it's pelt a dark brown and it's eyes were a bright orange, "I'm starting to think that you don't need that!" The wolf growled while leaping at me to get the small wooden wolf.

Holding onto the wooden wolf I felt the leather strap that the wooden wolf hung on was in the wolf's mouth as he kept trying to tear it out my my grasp I could tell that the leather strap was going to break, kicking the wolf back I quickly got up and started running through the trees.

"They'll never trust you." A random voice said looking to my sides I saw ghost wolves running along side me, "Give up now!" another voice, "You mean nothing to them!" A third voice said, as I kept running through the forest I could see the road coming into view.

Pushing on further I jumped out of the bushes just in time to see Connor and Ethan fighting, rushing forwards even though I was tired I had the silver sword in my hand, swinging up I managed to block Ethan's sword from hitting Connor.

But it came at a cost the silver sword broke in two, I looked at the two pieces on the ground I could tell that the rest of the pack was here watching this unfold even Rob, backing up I made sure that I was in the way of Ethan and Connor.

"Get out of the way Preston." Ethan said glaring at me, "If you want to hurt my brother you'll have to go through me!" I yelled anger flaring up in me, "Die! Die! Die! Die!" The ghost wolves chanted I could tell that everyone else could see them just by how they reacted.

Looking up at Ethan I gave him a challenging glare, "So you gonna take a shot in the dark and try to defeat me or are ya going to back down?"

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!