002

"Let's go inside okay?" I say and he unwraps his arms from my body, nodding as he follows me.

Setting my stuff on the side, I sit in the couch and pat the spot next to me, telling him to take a seat.

He hesitantly follows and sits on the opposite side of the couch. His tail keeps moving from side to side hitting the fabric of the sofa with a constant tump, and his knee bounces up and down, his face deep in thought.

"You're a cop right?" He suddenly asks startling me.

"Yes Taehyung, I'm a cop." I say calmly.

"Okay." He says nervously biting his lip.

Please don't tell me he did something bad...

My doubt disappears as quickly as it came when his eyes fill with tears once again.

"C-could you help me look for my brother?"

"Your brother?" I ask and he nods his head.

"I wanted to ask you earlier, but you weren't home and I'm scared that something might have happened to him." He says wiping his nose with his sleeve.

"Was he with you yesterday night?" I ask recalling the scene.

I'm pretty sure I only saw him, and if his brother was there he would have brought him with him.

"N-no." He says shaking his head. "We got separated a few days ago." His voice cracks at the end, breaking my heart.

"I'm going to help you Taehyung." I say scooting closer to him and grabbing his hand. He tenses at my touch, but slowly makes eye contact with me.

"R-really?" He asks.

"Yes, but first I need to ask you some questions to make the search faster, okay?" I say and grab a notebook and a pen writing his name, the day I found him and the location.

"So you said that you got separated a few days ago, right?" I ask raising a brow and he nods. "How long how you been out in the streets?"

Taehyung pauses for a second and looks up, his mouth slightly moving as he mutters something.

"About a week maybe?"

"Do you remember where you last saw your brother?" I ask and he puts his hands together frowning.

"N-not really." He says giving me a worried look.

"If we go to the place, do you think you could recognize it?" I ask and he nods.

As we are about to stand up, thunder rumbles outside and Taehyung jumps on his seat, hiding behind the couch.

He wraps his arms around his knees and hides his face.

"Taehyung?" I call out softly but he doesn't answer, so I kneel down next to him and pull him into a hug.

He wraps his arms around my torso, and wet drops fall on my shirt. Humming softly, I run my hands through his hair listening as the rain pours outside.

Where exactly did you come from Taehyung?

After a while, I convince him to sit on the couch, resting his head on my lap while I continue to play with his hair.

My fingers scratch the base of his dog ears and his tail starts wagging happily, his body relaxing and before I know it, soft snores come from the boy.

After a while, the rain stops and the room is completely silent.

Smiling softly at the boy, I slightly shake his shoulder making him stir.

"Taehyung?" I call out, and although his eyes are still closed his ears move. "It looks like the rain stopped." His ears perk up and he slowly sits up. "We can go look for your brother now."

He looks at me and then his eyes travel to the window, his ears moving as if to confirm that what I said is true. After a small pause he looks at me and nods, indicating that he is ready to go.

"Wait here a bit." I say standing up and grabbing a hoodie and a jacket for us, also grabbing an umbrella just in case.

As we walk outside, I have to slightly pull Taehyung back, since he is pulling my arm and dragging me at full force.

"Slow down Tae." I say chuckling, making him stop as he looks at me, his eyes full of curiosity as he raises an eyebrow.

Shaking my head, I walk ahead of him and to the car, where he follows and sits on the passenger seat.

"I'm going to drive near the place where I found you, so let me know if you see anything familiar okay?" I say turning the key and bringing the car to life.

Taehyung's face is almost completely against the window as he looks at every street we pass with a frown.

"Anything familiar?" I ask after a while and Taehyung shakes his head leaning against his seat.

Then his body tenses and his eyes widen as he looks outside.

"What is it?"

"It's nothing, just a bad feeling." Taehyung says turning his gaze away from the window.

I give him a questioning look but decide not to push any more.

"It's getting kind of late," I start, "do you want to head home?"

To my surprise Taehyung nods and leans his head back on the seat not saying a word for the rest of the ride.

When we get back to the apartment, we quietly eat dinner, my mind trying to figure out how to help Taehyung, when we hear a knock on the door and we both tense up.

Taehyung glances up at me and I put my finger to my lips, telling him to quietly hide.

He nods and slowly starts making his way towards my room moving slowly as he goes and holding onto his tail to prevent it from hitting anything.

Once he is out of sight, I take a deep breath and wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans.

There's a second knock but this time I respond. "Coming."

It takes all my willpower not to let out a relieved sigh when I open the door and see who it is...