028

Emergency

The hairs on the back of his neck stand up waking up Yoongi with a jolt, his green eyes alert as he scans the room for any signs of danger, relaxing when he spots Taehyung by the door.

"Oh, it's just you Taehyung-ah." Yoongi says letting out a sigh as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Hyung," Taehyung calls out with a shaky voice catching the eldest's attention, whose eyes snap back to the boy, "there's something wrong with Namjoon hyung."

At hearing that, Yoongi's brows crease into a frown as he immediately stands up rushing to the room next to theirs, finding Namjoon's figure heavily panting on the floor.

"Namjoon-ah." Yoongi calls out softly, but the boy only grunts in response, groaning as he rolls over on the floor.

Given his response, Yoongi kneels down next to him and touches his forehead, letting out a hiss as soon as his skin comes into contact with Namjoon's. "You're burning up." He mumbles looking at Taehyung's puzzled face as he turns to the door.

"Help me bring him to the couch." Yoongi says and Taehyung nods joining him on the floor.

The pair carefully picks him up and takes him to the couch, letting out a huff as soon as they help him get into a comfortable position.

"Turn the light on please." Yoongi commands, turning his attention to the sick boy as he shivers.

"Everything hurtssss." Namjoon says creasing his brows together.

"What does Namjoon-ah, what do you feel?" Yoongi asks, pursing his lips as he waits for his answer, hoping that it isn't what he thinks it is.

"My body is on fire." Namjoon says squirming, tilting his head back as he takes in a deep breath.

"H-hyung. I-I f-feel like I c-can't breathe." Namjoon says suddenly gasping for air, trying to sit up on the couch as the suffocating feeling bubbles and presses down on his chest.

"Take a deep breath Namjoon-ah." Yoongi instructs, using the gentlest tone he can muster, but as Yoongi tries getting close to him, Namjoon lets out a warning growl, his eyes turning a slight shade of yellow.

Oh no.

"Hyung!" Jungkook, who had been standing guard by the door suddenly cries out, "I can hear noona's footsteps approaching, she'll be here soon. What do we do?"

"Don't let her in." Yoongi says in between glances towards both boys. "No matter what."

"O-okay." Jungkook says, swallowing heavily as he places his hands on the door.

"Joon-ah." Yoongi tries again. "Please try to focus on us." He insists as he watches the boy struggle, his breathing becoming more labored with each passing second.

On the other side of the door, EunMin frowns as she places the key in but the door knob doesn't twist.

How weird.

She thinks to herself trying it again. Maybe I just twisted it the wrong way. When the door doesn't budge, EunMin gets the feeling that something is wrong, a knot forming on her stomach as she knocks on the door.