043

Without a trace

The detective quietly stares at the screen, chin resting on her hands as she monitors the various screens around her

The detective quietly stares at the screen, chin resting on her hands as she monitors the various screens around her. She had barely blinked in the last couple of hours, afraid that she might miss something if she does so. Nothing could get her to look away, the boys tried but nothing seemed to work. EunMin doesn't even look away when she hears the door open and close.

"Anything?" Hoseok asks sitting on the bed, wiping his wet hair with the towel draped over his shoulders.

"Nothing." EunMin says letting out a heavy sigh.

"I don't get it." Hoseok says pressing the bridge of his nose. "The tracker was working just fine and then the signal just disappeared. Vanished into thin air."

"It doesn't make sense."

"Jimin and I checked out the area where the signal went dead," Hoseok says with a sigh, "we checked all around and there is nothing for miles and miles. He could be anywhere."

"What are we missing?" EunMin says rubbing her eyes.

"I don't know." Hoseok says placing a hand on the back of the chair where she is seated. "But whatever it is, I hope we find it soon." He adds looking at the computer screen as well, the various screens displaying different parts of the city, as if somehow the detective would appear.

They know that would not be case, but they still hoped to find him soon.

That is their ultimate mission. To rescue the detective safe and sound. The longer he stayed, the bigger the risk.

Days had turned into a week in a blink of an eye, but everyone refused to lose hope.

In all his life as a special agent, Hoseok had never failed a mission. Even when things went south, he always found a way to accomplish his goal. This mission would be no different.

However, Hoseok hated this. He felt powerless not being able to help his friend.

With a sigh, Hoseok continues to scan the information on display, hoping a clue turns up soon.

🐾🐾🐾

<A week prior to the current date>

"Hoseok, I need your help." EunMin says pressing the ridge of her nose.

"You got it detective." Hoseok responds without hesitation. "What do you want me to do?"