046

Unveiled

Yoongi's eyes shift from left to right as he walks down the long corridors of the Anpanman facility, a slight frown on his face as his cat ears twitch on top of his head picking out the different sounds around, certain too energetic voices nowhere to be found. Still, Yoongi can tell that they are somewhere in one of the rooms, more than likely his.

His lips curve into a small smile when he sees the boys, their heads snapping up in the direction of the door.

"H-hyung..." Taehyung says with a slight quiver in his face, Yoongi's smile slowly fading replaced by confusion.

"What's going on?" Yoongi asks noticing the distressed boys in his room.

"Hyung." Taehyung says in a low voice, deep brown eyes looking up at him with a hint of sadness in them. "They took them."

"What?" Yoongi asks.

"They are gone. They have them." Taehyung says, his ears dropping.

As his brain processes the words, Yoongi lets out an exasperated sigh and runs his fingers through his black hair, hoping he heard the boy wrong.

He knew there was a possibility of this happening sooner or later but he still hoped that the detectives would be exempt from their tactics.

"We need to help them." Taehyung says and Yoongi gives him a sharp glare.

"There's no way we are going back there."

"But they saved us Hyung." Jungkook protests, gathering his courage to stand up to Yoongi. "We can trust them, they are not like everyone else."

"Tae, Jungkook," Yoongi says softly, "the reason why I told you to stay away from humans wasn't only because we can't trust them," he pauses taking a deep breath and sitting down, "it's also because we endanger everyone that helps us."

A deafening silence encloses the room as Yoongi's heavy words sink in, the ladder sitting in between the boys as he prepares for the conversation to come.

The memories of their escape were painful but it was time that he told them the truth.

"Hyung, what are you talking about?" Jungkook asks, his eyes wide.

"Do you remember the night we escaped?" Yoongi asks and the younger males nod. "We didn't escape on our own." He says letting out a small breath through his nose. "There was a woman that helped us. Her name was Doctor Cho. When she realized that what they were doing wasn't right, she helped us escape and she payed the prize." Yoongi says breaking eye contact. "They killed her without hesitation."

Given that they were young at the time, the boys couldn't remember all of the details of their escape, but it was different for Yoongi, he helplessly watched as the brave Doctor bravely covered for them, the deafening sound of the gun shot still vivid in his mind after many years.

Even through their escape, Yoongi somehow managed to distract the boys saving them from the horrific scene, glad that the boys didn't remember much about that night.

Now it made more sense why Yoongi was always so guarded and unwilling to share information with the detectives. Although he seemed cold and uncooperative at the time, he was trying to protect them from the same fate Doctor Cho had gotten.

Yoongi worriedly glances at the quiet hybrids as they process the new information, their eyes distant as they stare at the floor.