045

Awaited call

Jungkook's breaths resonate in his ears as his chest heaves up and down, his heart beating incredibly fast, but he doesn't stop.

One more punch Jungkook. He tells himself raising his hands to eye level. One more round and then you can take a break.

Ever since the detective's kidnapping, Jungkook had been training daily to get stronger, determined to be ready for their next attack. He wanted to be someone that others could depend on, but in order to do that, he had to become stronger. Much much stronger.

EunMin watches from a distance as the boy punches the bag continuously, his knuckles going red underneath the bandages wrapped around his hands. He needs to stop before he hurts himself. She thinks to herself standing up from the bench to approach him.

"Jungkook," she starts softly so as to not startle the boy, "how about a little break?"

"In a bit." Jungkook responds, his eyes fixated on the punching bag in front of him, his body posture indicating no intention of stopping anytime soon.

Now that she is closer, EunMin notices that the boy is drenched in sweat from head to toe, his long hear sticking to his forehead and face.

"Jungkook." EunMin says in a firm tone, successfully gaining the bunny's attention.

"Okay." The boy finally agrees, letting himself be taken to the benches by the girl.

The boy reluctantly sits on the bench and finally takes in a deep breath, his chest aching as he tried to to take in as much oxygen as possible.

He knew he needed a break, but he hadn't realized how badly he needed it until now, his hands throbbing and sore from the long hours of practice.

For a while, the boy blocks out everything as he falls into his thoughts, snapping out of it when something falls on his head. Confused, the boy takes the towel from his head and wipes the sweat, looking up as the girl hands him a bottle of water.

"Thanks noona." He says managing to give her a small smile, immediately drinking its contents. "Anything new?"

"Nothing." EunMin says taking his hands, gently tracing the reddened skin on his knuckles. "You need to take it easy."

"I know." Jungkook says dropping his head. "I just got a little carried away."

"I know." EunMin says reaching out to push a few strands of his hair away. "Just remember not to push it too far okay?"

"Yeah, I'll try my best." Jungkook says giving her a smile.

EunMin returns the smile and slowly stands up, her eyes scanning the training gym for the other boy, who has also been practicing for a while with his friend.

They seem to be doing okay, though lately everyone seemed to be training harder than before, even the rescued hybrids.

Bzzzt...bzzzt....buzzt.

EunMin carefully takes out her phone as she feels the vibration in her pocket, raising a brow as she looks at the screen.

Incoming call...