026

Strange Behavior

EunMin gives Namjoon a puzzled look, her eyes slightly narrowed as she watches his stiff form on the sofa. He hadn't really moved a muscle since she got home except for the ovation all drift of his eyes, which keep glancing at her every few seconds, immediately averting his gaze when they add about to make eye contact.

Was it her, or was he avoiding her?

His strange behavior was starting to make her nervous if she was being honest, and it was killing her to try to figure out what it was that he has hiding.

He wanted me to stay....didn't he?

EunMin wonders slightly chewing on her bottom lip.

"Why are acting so weird?" EunMin finally blurts out raising a brow, making Namjoon jump at the sudden outburst and freeze on his spot. "Did you break something while I was gone?" She adds narrowing her eyes.

"N-no." Namjoon quickly says shaking his head. "At least not this time." He adds in a mumble.

"Then what is it?" EunMin asks sitting next to him, frowning when he scoots farther away from her until he is leaning on the edge of the sofa.

"I-I..." Namjoon starts swallowing hard, "I just don't want to get you sick."

EunMin hums in response, not looking completely convinced as she stands up and walks away. "Okay."

Yesterday he was too clingy, she thinks, and today he is avoiding me at all costs.

As she walks back to the kitchen to start making dinner, her eyes widen in realization, Jin's words coming back to her mind.

"Has he been acting weird lately?" Jin asks as he reads the papers in his hands.

"No, I haven't noticed anything strange."

"That's good," Jin says giving her a small smile, "make sure to keep an eye on him though, just in case..."

Could this be what Jin was talking about? She wonders glancing at Namjoon, refocusing her attention on the vegetables in front of her with a shake of her head. She needs to focus on something else that isn't him for now, otherwise, she might start going crazy.

Back on the couch, Namjoon listens to the constant, rhythmical sound of the knife hitting the cutting board every time she cuts the vegetables, each second becoming more and more torturous for him.

It was killing Namjoon to keep his distance from EunMin, specially when he could tell that she was slightly upset and he wanted nothing more than to be with her.

He watches her for a second, and then glances away, only to find himself looking over at her the next moment, making him more and more ansty.

When he can no longer take the tension inside him, Namjoon abruptly stands up and makes his way over to her, determined to tell her what was going on.

"Um...EunMin..." Namjoon starts, flinching as he hears a high pitched noise.

"Yes?" EunMin softly replies placing the vegetables into a bowl.