006

"A-Anpanman?" I repeat, my brain trying to process the words that Jin just said. "What's that?"

"It's the name of the organization we've created to protect hybrids." Jin kindly explains. "We're guessing that since more hybrids are coming out of their hiding place, there has to be someone out there conducting illegal experimentation on humans. Time is of the essence, and due to your past, we decided to recruit you."

"Our past?" I ask raising a brow, an uneasy feeling settling on my chest.

"You have the best records for solving cases in the least amount of time. We can really use that right now." Jin says with a small smile. "And something tells me you've already encountered some hybrids." He adds in a more serious tone.

Namjoon and I exchange a glance, giving him a wary look.

"And what would this project involve?" Namjoon asks.

"As of now, we mostly need to gather intel from our target. The way this works is that we assign you a mission and you are free to carry it out however you want."

"How many people do you have so far?" I ask and Jin's smile slowly disappears.

"So far it's only you two and a special agent that will help you."

"How come?" Namjoon asks and Jin lets out a soft sigh.

"This mission requires complete secrecy, and the smaller the group, the better our chances of not getting caught are. I know we can trust you, so what do you say?"

"Can we have a moment to talk in private?" I ask and Jin nods his head, his eyes showing uncertainty before he tries masking it with a smile.

"Sure, take your time." He says and Namjoon and I stand up.

Before I completely close the door, I take one last glance at Jin. His shoulders are slumped as he presses his hands together. "Do you think they'll join us?" Jin asks in a worried tone.

"I'm sure they will." Captain Suho replies. "Just give them some time." He offers with a small smile. "They'll come around."

"I really hope so." Jin says with a sigh. "We really need their help."

"You coming?" Namjoon asks shaking me out of my thoughts. With a small nod, I follow him into the break room, Namjoon locking the door behind us.

"What's on your mind?" Namjoon asks as I sit on the couch.

"A lot." I reply with a sigh. "I didn't think the situation was this bad."

"Me either to be honest." Namjoon says rubbing the back of his neck. "I thought it was going to be our regular case." He adds with a sigh. "But if there's more people involved..."

"It means there's more danger." I finish for him and he nods.

"So what do you want to do?"

"What do you mean?" I ask keeping my gaze on my hands, fearing that he means what I'm thinking.

"We don't have to join the organization." Namjoon says looking at me, "but if we do this, we do it as a team." He says with a small smile. "Just like the old days."