023

Aftermath pt 1

"I'm fine Jin hyung." Namjoon says for nth time that day, letting out a long sigh as Jin shakes his head.

"I still need to run the tests. We don't know what that thing was and it wasn't intended for you." Jin explains giving him an apologetic look.

"Alright." Namjoon defeatedly says with a pout, slightly wincing as Jin puts something in his arm.

After getting some blood drawn and going through several long checkups that seemed to take an eternity, Namjoon is finally free to go home.

"How are you feeling?" Hoseok asks placing a hand on Namjoon's shoulder.

"I'm alright." Namjoon says giving him a tired smile. "I just want to go home."

"Do you want a ride home?" Hoseok offers. Namjoon is about to refuse but stops when he feels a throb in his arm, the spot still sore from the injection.

"If it's not too much to ask." Namjoon says slowly getting up.

"Of course not!" Hoseok says grabbing his keys, spinning the ring of the key around his finger as they walk towards the parking garage.

"I'll get the door for you." Hoseok says noticing Namjoon's shaking hand, to which his friend responds to with a grateful nod.

After their small exchange of words, they drive in silence, Hoseok throwing a concerned look in Namjoon's direction every once in a while, slightly chuckling when his friend's eyes start to close.

Minutes later, Namjoon is awoken by a slight shake of his shoulders. "Namjoon-ah," Hoseok softly calls out, "we're here."

Namjoon looks past his friend and sees the familiar apartment complex, giving his friend a small smile as he gets out of the car. "Thanks for the ride."

"Don't mention it." Hoseok says with a bright smile. "I hope you get some rest."

                                                                 🐾🐾🐾

Three heads snap in the direction of the door as soon as the knob twists, EunMin immediately setting down the food on the table as she sees him walk in.

Namjoon tiredly waves at the three of them as he closes the door, his lids heavy with sleep as he walks towards the kitchen.

"We ordered some chicken if you're hungry." She offers, but Namjoon shakes his head, heading for the counter to look for a pill. Once he finds it, he takes it and heads to the couch, slowly leaning down until he's completely laying down. His head resting on the armrest while he covers his eyes with his unaffected arm, and although his eyes are closed, he can still feel the three of them staring at him.

"I'm okay, I just have a headache..." He says with a yawn, his arm dropping slowly onto his chest so it gently rests on it.

"Namjoon?" EunMin calls out but she gets no response, instead she just sees his chest rising and falling at an even rate.

He must be so tired.

She thinks to herself making her way over to him, her hands carefully removing the work shoes that he forgot to take off when he walked into the apartment. Then she heads to the closet and grabs a blanket for him, turning the lights off as she walks towards her room, calling it a night.