019

Cautions & Warnings

   With a heavy sigh, both detectives make their way back towards the common area, their eyes scanning each hybrid's body language present in the room, trying to come up with a way to break the news for them

Namjoon's eyes are drawn toward the center of the room, where Jin stands out in the middle of the room, his white coat glowing under the fluorescent light above him.

"All done." Jin says with a smile, the hybrid he was tending slightly bowing his head before he joins the others. As he sees the detectives approaching, his smile widens, and he immediately sets down his notes on the side.

"How are the hybrids doing?" Namjoon asks, slightly glancing at the hybrids behind him who were now huddled together whispering something.

"Everything considered, I would say they are doing pretty well." Jin replies with a smile, watching the more relaxed hybrids roam the room freely. "Most of them already showered and changed, and some even went to bed already."

"That's good." Namjoon says pressing the bridge of his nose slightly. "Um, sorry to ask you this hyung, but could we pause the examinations? We really need to talk to them."

"Go ahead Namjoon-ah." Jin says with a nod, his tired eyes brightening at the prospect of a small break.

"Thanks hyung." Namjoon says and gives EunMin the signal.

With a nod, EunMin slowly makes her way towards the center of the room, clapping her hands to grab everyone's attention. "Sorry to disturb you." She says bowing ninety degrees. "We would just like to talk to you for a second. Could you please gather around?" She requests, trying to ignore the curious glances thrown her way.

Much to the detective's surprise, the hybrids slowly walk closer, sitting on the tables surrounding them, attentively staring at the pair, as they wait for them to proceed.

"The introduction is overdue, but my name is EunMin and this is my partner Namjoon," she starts, briefly pausing as Namjoon raises with hand with a small wave, "as some of you may have noticed, we are both detectives, " she carefully says, noticing how some hybrids tense up upon hearing the word, "but we want you to see us as regular people who just want to help you."

"We know that it's been a long day, and we didn't exactly meet under the best circumstances, but there's important something you need to know," she adds placing her hands on her hips, "I'm sure you noticed by now, but someone out there is going after all hybrids. We don't know who is doing this or why but we need your help to catch this person."