024

Aftermath pt. 2

The next day, EunMin wakes up to the sound of her phone softly vibrating on her nightstand, her hands shakily reaching for it as she rubs her eyes

"Hello?" She groggily says, her eyes in wide alert as she hears what the person on the other side is saying.

"Yes sir. I'll be right there." She says hanging up, her eyes glancing at Namjoon as she heads to the closet to get her uniform.

Then as quietly as possible, she sneaks out of the room, softly knocking on the boys' door and motioning them over.

"I have to go to work." EunMin whispers and the boys follow her to the kitchen. "I left some porridge on the counter for Namjoon, and some food in the microwave for you." She adds and they nod. "Oh! And I also left you some money for pizza in case you get hungry later in the day."

"Namjoon is asleep, so make sure than when he wakes up he takes his medicine." She says writing down a small note on a piece of paper. "Here's my phone number and Namjoon's phone in case anything happens." She adds running her hands through her hair. "What else, what else?" She mumbles taping her foot against the floor.

"Work?" Taehyung offers pointing at the clock.

"Right. Work." She says grabbing her jacket and her keys, heading to the door after waving them goodbye.

As she is about to close the door she turns around one last time. "Call me if anything happens okay?"

"Don't worry noona," Jungkook says pushing her forward and shuing her away, "we'll take care of hyung, leave it to us."

"Thank you." She says letting out a breath and giving them a small smile, petting the base of their ears as a sign of trust. "See you guys later."

"How did we sleep through that?" Taehyung says earning a shrug from Jungkook, who follows Taehyung as heads to the room where Namjoon is sleeping on the bed.

As the oldest sibling, Taehyung knew that he had to take the lead in taking care of his hyung, but he had no idea what to do. Hybrids rarely got sick, and whenever they did, Yoongi would take care of them.

Next to him, Jungkook frowns at the sight of his hyung on bed, not liking how quiet and sick he looks, so he jumps on the bed and lays next to his hyung giving him a hug.

"Please get well soon hyung." He mutters, his eyes snapping to Namjoon's face as he shifts on the bed.

"M-morning Kook-ah." Namjoon says with a small smile, his hand reaching out to pet the boy's fluffy ears.