035

Compromise

The smell of freshly brewed coffee fills the apartment as the youngest slowly makes his way out of their room, feet sluggishly dragging with each step.

With a small grunt, Jungkook leans on the wall for a moment, the world around him slightly out of focus until he picks up the sound of Namjoon's muffled voice as he talks on the phone.

"Morning." Jungkook greets with a yawn as he sit on his chair, slightly rubbing his eyes.

"Morning Kook." Namjoon greets, his hand ruffling his hair. "How are you feeling?"

"M-my head hurts." He says with a pout, holding his head between his hands.

"Do you want something for it?" EunMin asks from somewhere in the kitchen.

"It's a side effect." Yoongi, who had followed the youngest into the dining room says, pressing the bridge of nose. "It should go away on its own in a couple of hours."

Both detectives nod their heads and grow quiet, the atmosphere awkward between them as they quietly exchange glances.

"Are you going out hyung?" Jungkook asks noticing that the detective is dressed up.

"Hobi asked me to come to Anpanman." Namjoon answers with a small smile. "Said he has something to show us." He adds and Jungkook nods, picking at his pancakes his his fork. "Do you want to come with?"

Namjoon doesn't have to ask twice before the bunny quickly nods his head.

"He would actually prefer if we were all there." Namjoon says pursing his lips as he slowly meets Yoongi's gaze.

It sounded like something important, so after thinking it over, Yoongi slowly nods his head.

"Thanks hyung." Namjoon says giving him a relieved smile. "I'll go get Taehyung."

Seconds later, a loud whiny voice comes from the hallway as the boy makes his way to the kitchen in a rush. "EeeeunMinnnnnn."

Said girl barely has time to react as she feels a pair of arms tightly wrap around her, leaving her no space to move.

"You're squishing me Tae." EunMin says with a chuckle but the boy remains serious, tightening his grip as he puts his face on her shoulder blade. "Tae?" EunMin asks, now feeling slightly concerned.

"I'm sorry." He says, his voice slightly breaking at the end.

"It's okay." EunMin says turning around so she can return the hug. "I'm sorry too."

Taehyung lifts his head to look at her before he shifts his gaze to her arm, his hand gently taking her hand as he lifts her arm up. "How's your arm?"

Ah, that he was worried about. EunMin thinks to herself relieved. "All healed." She says with a smile.

"Really?" Taehyung asks giving her a quizzical look.

"Really." EunMin says rolling up the sleeve of her white button up shirt to prove her statement, his lips breaking into a small smile when he sees the fading mark.

"I'm glad." He says pulling her into a hug again.

"How about eating some breakfast?" EunMin says as they break apart. "I made something special today." She adds chuckling when Taehyung rushes to the table to see.