F O U R

paisley

i wake up from my long nap and look around. i see that i am in a strange room.

"MOMMY!" i yell afraid

"MOMMY!" i yell afraid. billie comes running in. "what's wrong?" she says out of breath. "where am i?" i ask. "you're in your new room!" she says happily. i crawl down the ladder.

"i thought you left me." i say sadly. "baby, i would never leave you! your grandma and uncle set this up while we were gone the whole day." she says picking me up. "see, over there you have two little chairs for me and you." she points out. i smile.

"mommy, can i go play with uncle finn?" i ask politely. she laughs at the fact that i can't say finneas. "sure." she says as she sets me down. i run out the room and crawl down the stairs to find uncle finn.

"uncle finn, uncle finn!" i yell as i run over to him. he laughs and picks me up. "hi there little monkey." he says as he spins me around. "wanna sing with me?" he asks as he puts me down. "okay!" i say as i take a seat next to him on the couch.

finneas helps me learn the song we are singing, which is from a movie called toy story.

"hey mom, can you come record this?" finneas asks. "sure!" maggie says as she walking into the living room.

(pretend they are paisley and finneas)

"good job paisley!" finneas says as he hugs me. he posts the video on instagram for people to see. billie comes running down the stairs.

"was that paisley singing?" she asks happily. "yes!" i say smiling. she squeals and runs and picks me up. "i adopted the right girl!" she says as she spins me around.

"mommy, can i play on your phone?" i ask sweetly. "yes, but don't drop it." she says as she hands me her phone and puts me back on the floor.

i run off to my new room and sit in one of my chairs. i click on the "facetime" app. i see a name labeled "danielle". i laugh and click the contact.

the phone rings and i look around. where is it coming from? "hello?" i'm still looking around. "HELLO!" a voice yells. "ah!" i say as i turn my head to the screen.

"what the- hello?" the girl says on the phone. "hello!" i say and wave.

"paisley who are you talking to?" billie says as she walks into the room, eating some chips. "billie?" the girl on the phone calls. "danielle?" billie asks as she walks over to me.

"paisley, you weren't supposed to call anyone!" billie says as she takes the phone. "sorry dani, i let her play on my phone and i guess she accidentally called you." billie explained while eating her chips.

"mommy, i want one!" i say as i point at the chips. billie shakes her head no. "MOMMY?" danielle says. "you didn't see my instagram post? i adopted paisley." billie explained. "mommy, please?" i say, reaching for her chips.

"no." she says as she turns her head to me. "why?" i say and pout. "because they are really hot." she says as she eats another one. i start to cry. "i'll call you back later, dani." billie says as she hangs up.

i start to cry louder. "come here." billie says as she tries to pick me up. "no!" i scream and run out of my room.

i run over to grandma and uncle finneas. "paisley, why are you crying?" grandma asks. "mommy won't give me chips." i say and sniff. grandma picks me up. "baby, you can't always get what you want, okay? i want you to go apologize to your mommy." she says as she looks me in the eye.

"okay." i say and wipe my tears. "paisley, where are you?" i hear billie ask. grandma puts me down. i walk over to billie. "sorry mommy." i say as i put my head down.

"it's okay." billie says as she picks me up. "how about we go to my room and watch tv?" she suggests. i nod my head yes.

billie walks up the stairs with me in her arms. she goes into her room and sits on her bed. "let's see..." billie says as she flips through channels.

"who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"

"hola, soy dora!"

"i'm peppa pig, oiNk!"

"that one!" i say and point to the pink pig. "are you asking to torture me, paisley?" billie laughs. "they look like whistles." she jokes.

"jumping up and down in muddy puddles!" i say as the pink pig jumps up and down. "y'all she's so cute." billie laughs as she records me jumping on the bed. she puts it on her instagram story.

"i love you mommy." i say as i walk over to her and hug her. billie looks shocked. "i love you too baby." she says as she hugs me back.

•••
word count: 837