T H I R T Y - F I V E

paisley

we were currently walking back from the restaurant. we had decided to take a walk and not go straight to the hotel because it felt nice outside and was peaceful.

elliot and i were holding hands yet again. "so when do you guys leave?" todd asks.

"we leave in two days, so the day after tomorrow." billie answers. i let go of elliot's hand and walk over to billie.

i put my arms up, signaling i want to be picked up. "you tired?" billie asks, picking me up. i nod. todd goes to pick up elliot.

i rest my head in billie's neck. she gently moves my hair out of my face and kisses my forehead.

"you know, for someone so young, you make a great mother." opal says and smiles. "thank you." billie says and returns a smile.

i play with a strand of billie's hair as she carries on a conversation with the others. i slowly drift off to sleep.

~

"wake up, little baby." a soft voice says. i slowly open my eyes to see billie looking down at me. "we are back in the hotel room, let's put on your pajamas." billie says and smiles.

i rub my eyes and sit up. billie takes off my clothes and puts them away. she puts me in an oversized hoodie and sits me back on the bed.

"i'm gonna go change, stay here, okay?" billie says as she walks to the bathroom. i nod.

i get off the bed, almost falling in the process, and walk over to finneas, who's eating some cookies. i tug on his pajama pants leg. he looks down at me. "cookies." i say and point.

"don't tell billie, okay?" he says as he hands me a cookie. i smile and run over to billie and i's hotel bed.

i start eating the cookie and finish as soon as billie walks out of the bathroom. she pulls the covers over and gets inside the covers.

i crawl over to her and get in the covers. "mommy, can we bring a palm tree home?" i ask. billie laughs. "i'm afraid that won't fit in a suitcase." she says and smiles.

"goodnight, mommy." i say and hug her. "goodnight." billie says as she cuts off the lamp, making it dark.

~

i wake up at two in the morning. i rub my eyes and look over to see billie still asleep. i get out the bed and walk over to the door.

i want to go see bella. i quietly open the door and put my shoe there so it doesn't lock.

i walk out of the door and walk to the elevator. bella told me that her room was on the third floor. i press the three button and the elevator starts to go up.

the elevator stops at the third floor and i get out. i walk over to bella's room. i knock on the door and wait for someone to answer.

a sleepy bella answers the door. she gasps when she sees me. "paisley, is two in the morning, why aren't you with your mom and uncle?" bella asks, rubbing her eyes.

i shrug. "does they know you're here?" bella asks. "mommy and uncle finnus are sleeping." i say and frown. bella squats down to my level.

"paisley, you can't just leave your mommy and uncle, what if someone tries to take you away?" bella explains. "then i'll punch them." i say and smile.

"i can't let you come in." bella says. "why?" i say and pout. "your mommy might wake up and get worried that you're not there." bella says.

"i'm going to take you back to your room, i'll see you in a couple hours, okay?" bella says. "okay." i say sadly as bella picks me up.

she walks to the elevator and goes to my floor. "can i trust you to stay in your room?" bella asks, stepping out the elevator. i nod. she puts me down on the floor and walks back to the elevator.

"see you later." bella says and waves as the elevator doors close. i walk to our room and open the door, removing my shoe.

i walk over to the billie and i's bed and climb on it. i grab billie's phone off of the nightstand and unlock it.

i click on instagram, not knowing what it is, and end up going live on billie's account.

"hello!" i say quietly and wave. "i took mommy phone." i say and smile. "she sleeping." i say and turn so the viewers can see billie.

"this is gold omg"

"paisley you're gonna get in trouble"

"billie looks so peaceful"

"how does billie look hot when she's asleep???"

"uncle finnus is here and he's sleeping too." i explain. "i went to see bella." i say and smile. i talk for a couple more minutes.

"paisley, who are you talking to?" a tired voice asks. i turn to see a sleepy billie looking over at me. "why are you awake and on my phone." billie asks, tiredly.

she looks over at her phone and her eyes widen. "paisley, why are you on live?" billie says, taking her phone from my hands.

"paisley, how long have you been talking, there's like twenty-thousand people!" billie says looking at me. i shrug.

billie says something to the live then ends it. "you're gonna be the death of me." billie says as she plugs her phone back up.

•••
word count: 917