N I N E T E E N

ty for 5k reads, here's a bonus chapter

paisley

"do you want to go outside?" i ask as olivia gets up from my chair. "okay!" she says as we walk out of my room.

i try to reach the doorknob to the door leading outside. "i can't reach it." i say as i stand on my tippy toes.

"what do you girls think you're doing?" a voice says as we turn around to see billie looking at us. "we want to go outside." olivia says and smiles.

"okay then." billie says as she opens the door. we walk out with billie following along after. "i'll be sitting over here girls." billie says as she sits down in a chair outside the house.

we run around for a few minutes until we get tired. finneas then walks out of the house and over to us.

"hello." he says as he looks down at us. "hi." we say as we wave. i run over to him, sit on his foot, and hold on to his leg. olivia does the same.

finneas starts walking with us on his legs. "hey, billie, notice anything?" finneas says as he walks over to billie. she starts to laugh.

"what's going on here?" billie says and laughs. she takes out her phone and records us. olivia and i start laughing.

"well, it looks like it's going to rain. let's head inside." finneas says, looking up at the sky. we get off of his legs and we all walk inside the house.

"mommy, can i have a strawberry?" i ask. "sure, baby." billie says as she opens the refrigerator and pulls out a container of strawberries.

she takes out one and takes the stem off and washes it. she then hands the strawberry to me. "thank you!" i say before i grab olivia's hand and drag her to my room.

"so, what do we do now?" olivia asks. "i don't know." i say as i finish eating my strawberry. "maybe we coul-" my sentence gets interrupted by a loud thunder noise.

olivia and i scream loud. the noise comes again. olivia and i run under my bed to where the chairs are and sit of the floor, hugging each other. i grab my stuffed bunny and hold it to me tight.

the thunder noise gets even louder, this time the all the lights cut off. olivia and i scream really loud and start to cry. i hug my stuffed bunny, chubs, and olivia.

"little babies, where are you?" we hear a voice ask. "over here!" i say through tears. the person picks me up. "it's okay, mommy's here." billie says as she hugs me.

she then picks up olivia in her other arm. we are both still softly crying. billie starts humming a song to calm us down as she blindly walks to her room.

we reach her room and she places us down. she pulls back the covers on her bed. "get in, little babies." billie says as we crawl onto the bed.

we get inside the covers and billie gets in the middle of us. she pulls out her phone and goes to youtube. she puts on peppa pig and holds up the phone for olivia and i to see.

i lay my head on billie's chest. "i'm gonna go talk to finneas, you girls stay here." billie says as she hands me her phone, gets out of the bed, and walks out of her room.

"olivia, do you think the fairies have a place to stay while it's raining?" i ask. "maybe the fairy queen has a castle and they all stay there." olivia responds.

"but, what if they have no roof?" i ask. "maybe they have mini umbrellas." olivia shrugs. "true." i say and continue watching peppa pig.

"i wanna watch a fairy show." i say as i look at olivia. "me too." olivia says. "too bad we don't know how to spell." i say as i play with my hair.

"i want to go to school." i say and pout. "me too, gracie says it's terrible but i don't believe her." olivia says and sighs. "gracie doesn't know what she's talking about." i say and smile.

"i'm back, little babies!" billie says as she walks back into the room. "and i brought finneas." she says as her and finneas sit on the end of her bed.

"the power should be back on in about ten minutes." finneas says and smiles. "yay!" olivia and i cheer. hurry up power!

•••
word count: 758