T H I R T Y - O N E

paisley

billie gently pulls me along the ocean. "hey bil, hey paisley." finneas says, swimming over to me. "hi, uncle finnus!" i say and smile.

"paisley, you wanna tell finneas about your new friend?" billie asks. "a new friend?" finneas asks. "her name is bella and she is fourteen!" i say and smile.

"oh, when did you meet her?" finneas asks. "this morning." paisley answers. "shes a fan, also she's here if you wanna go meet her." billie says to finneas.

"paisley, do you wanna go play with bella?" billie asks. i nodded so fast that billie thought i was gonna break my neck.

"okay, let's go to the shore." billie says as she has finneas put me on her back.

we swim to the shore, and billie takes off my floaties. "take finneas with you so you don't get lost." billie says and takes my to finneas. i hold his hand and i walk over to bella.

"bella, mommy said i can play with you." i say as i let go of finneas' hand. bella turns around and sees me and finneas.

"well that's nice." bella says as she picks me up. "hi!" finneas says and waves. "hi finneas!" bella says happily. "i will be with your mommy, okay?" finneas says as he looks at me.

"okay, uncle finnus." i say and smile. he walks away and bella walks over to her parents.

"who's this cutie?" bella's mom asks, looking at me with a smile. "this is paisley." bella says and smiles. "hi paisley!" bella's mom waves. "hi!" i wave back.

"well aren't you a sweet girl?" bella's dad says and smiles. bella puts me down and i walk over to bella's mom. "this is my mom, opal, and this is my dad, todd." bella says and smiles.

"bella, bella! look what i found!" a young boy around my age yells as he runs up to bella, holding a seashell.

he stops and stares at me. "paisley, meet elliot, he's my little brother and the same age as you." bella says and winks.

"hi." i say shyly and wave. "hi." elliot says back. "do you wanna help me find seashells?" he asks and smiles. i nod. he grabs my hand and walks over to the ocean.

"don't go too far out!" bella yells as she laughs.

elliot picks up a seashell and hands it to me. "thank you!" i say and smile. i see a bigger seashell and hand it to elliot.

"let's go over here!" i say and point to a spot close by billie and finneas. "okay, paisley!" elliot says and smiles.

we run up to the spot, still holding hands. "ooh, flowers." i say and point. elliot lets go of my hand and picks up the flowers and hands them to me.

"thank you, elliot!" i say and smile. "you're welcome, paisley!" elliot says and smiles back.

"let's go back to bella." elliot says as he grabs my hand and runs back to bella.

we see billie and finneas talking to bella and her parents. "woah, wait a second." billie says and stops talking.

"is that a boy, paisley?" billie says and smirks. "yes." i say, confidently. "aww, they're holding hands!" bella says and smiles.

"did he get you flowers?" todd asks. i nod. "my boy's growing up!" he says and laughs.

"paisley, you're not allowed to have a boyfriend until you're thirty-seven." finneas says and puts his hands on his hips.

"you're not the boss of me, mister!" i say and stick out my tongue. finneas gasps. "i just got yelled at by a two year old." he says and fake cries.

"mommy, can paisley come to our hotel room after we come back from the beach?" elliot asks.

"if it's okay with paisley's mom." opal says. billie nods. "yay!" elliot says and smiles.

"come on, let's build a sandcastle." elliot says as he takes me over to a spot of sand.

•••
word count: 661