S E V E N T E E N

two bonus chapters in one day? go me !

paisley

we arrive at the park and billie gets me out of my car seat. "this is a nice park." finneas says, looking around.

"look who's here!" billie says, pointing to a girl. "olivia!" i yell as billie puts me down. i run over to her and she runs over to me.

we both hug each other. "hi paisley!" olivia says as she smiles. "hi!" i say back. billie and finneas walk over to me and olivia.

"don't talk to strangers, olivia. mom will kill me." an older girl says, rolling her eyes as she looks up from her phone.

i turn around to see a girl walking towards us. "paisley and billie aren't strangers, gracie!" olivia exclaims. "well, i didn't hear you say that dude's name." gracie says, pointing to finneas.

"that's paisley's uncle!" olivia says. "and how do you know all of this?" gracie asks. "because i've been to their house." olivia says, sassily.

"are you like her sister or something?" billie asks, looking at gracie. "yeah. are you her sister?" gracie asks, pointing to me. "no, i'm her mom." billie says and smiles.

"mom? you look my age." gracie says, confused. "i'm 17, i adopted her." billie explains. "oh, well i'm gracie. i'm 15." gracie introduces.

"nice to know." billie says as she goes to sit down with finneas.

"wanna go to the slide?" olivia asks, grabbing my hand. "okay!" i say as we start to walk over to the slide.

"olivia, mom said you can't get on the slide!" gracie yells. "no she didn't! you're just mad because you don't have a friend like paisley!" olivia says and pouts.

"i don't give two flying cares about paisley." gracie yells back at olivia. "RUDE!" i yell back. i look behind me to see billie glaring at gracie.

we reach the slide and i climb up the ladder. "push me!" i say to olivia. i feel a little push on my back and i go sliding down. "weeeee!" i say as i slide down.

"my turn!" olivia says. i climb up the ladder and give her a soft push. she goes sliding down. "that was fun." olivia says as she grabs my hand again.

"is your sister always mean?" i ask. "no, not all the time." olivia says and smiles. we walk over to a small table and sit down.

finneas gets up and walks over to us. "what are you girls doing?" he asks, sitting down in front of us.

"nothing, uncle finnus." i say and smile. "well, your mommy told me to tell you that olivia can sleep at our house tomorrow." he says and smiles.

olivia and i look at each other and squeal in excitement. "yay!" we both say and smile.

billie then walks over and grabs finneas' arm with an annoyed look on her face.

"i'm about to slap this girl." billie says to finneas in a low voice so we can't hear. "what is she saying?" finneas asks, also in a low voice.

"she keeps going on about how i'm too young to be adopting children and that i should've waited until i was in my twenties." billie says and rolls her eyes.

"well don't listen to her, we can go if you want." finneas says. "no, i want paisley to have some fun." billie says and looks at me.

"okay, just stay over here then." he says as he turns to look back at us. billie sits down next to finneas.

for the next fifteen minutes, me and olivia talk with billie and finneas.

"my mommy told me that i can get a pet fish if i be good all week." olivia says to me. "really?" i ask. olivia nods. i turn to look at billie, who already knows what i want.

"mommy?" i ask sweetly. "i'll think about it." billie says and laughs. "yay!" i say and cheer. finneas laughs as he takes a picture of me and olivia.

gracie then comes over to the table.

"sorry to break up whatever is going on here, but gracie and i have to go home." gracie says, picking up olivia. "say bye to your friends, i guess." she says and shrugs.

"bye paisley, bye billie, bye finn!" olivia says as she waves goodbye. they walk to a car, which i'm guessing is their mom's.

"is my name that hard to say for two year olds?" finneas says, picking me up. billie and i laugh. "let's go home." he says as he starts to walk to the car.

<>

we arrive home and finneas takes me over to to the fairy house we built. "let's look and see if you got a note." he says and smiles.

we open the little mailbox we added to the house to see a small note. i gasp. i take out the note and open it up.

dear paisley,
thank you for building me a house! it's very nice and cozy.
-your fairy friend

after finneas gets finished reading the note, he gives me back the note and tells me to keep it in my room.

i run into the house and into my room. i place the note on my dresser and walk out of my room.

i walk up the stairs and go into billie's room. billie has candy hidden in here somewhere.

i go to her closet and open the door. i see a bag of gummy bears at the top of her closet shelf. i grab a chair from her room and move it to the closet.

i stand on the chair and reach for the gummy bears.

"well, what do we have here?" a voice says as i attempt to grab the bag of gummy bears.

i look over to see billie standing in the doorway. "you know you're not supposed to sneak in my room for candy." billie says, folding her arms.

"um..." i say as i stay frozen in place. billie walks over to me and picks me up from on top of the chair. she looks me dead in the eye.

"i'm sorry, mommy." i say as i as make a sad face. "i forgive you, but no more ipod time today." billie says as she walks out of her room.

i pout. "okay." i say and huff. i put my head on billie's shoulder as she walks down the stairs. "go play with uncle finnus." she says as she puts me down on the ground.

•••
word count: 1079