T W E N T Y - N I N E

thanks so much for over 14k reads and 400 votes ! i love you all !

paisley

i wake up and see billie still asleep next to me. i sit up and rub my eyes. i'm the only one up, apparently.

i quietly get out of the bed and walk over to the door. i could sneak out and go get a snack, but i know that the door locks when you exit.

i grab one of my shoes and open the door gently. i walk out and place my shoe to prevent the door from closing.

since we are on the third floor, i have to take an elevator. "how do you work this?" i say to myself as i look up at the elevator doors.

"excuse me!" i say to a girl passing by. she turns around and looks at me. "hello!" she says and waves as she walks over to me.

"hello!" i say back. "what's your name?" she asks. "paisley, i'm two." i say and smile. "well hi, paisley." she says and smiles.

"my name is bella and i'm fourteen." bella says and smiles. "why are you all alone?" she asks, crouching down to my height.

"my mommy and uncle are sleeping and i want a snack." i say and frown. "well, i can buy you a snack." bella says and smiles.

bella picks me up and walks to the elevator. the doors open and she walks in. bella presses the first floor button and the elevator starts to move.

we reach the lobby and the elevator doors open. bella walks out and goes to the snack store.

"what do you want?" bella asks nicely. "i want cheez itz!" i say and smile. bella smiles and grabs a bag of cheez itz and a juice box.

she pays for the snacks and walks back to the elevator.

~

"thank you!" i say as i hug bella. she hugs me back then hands me my cheez itz and juice box. "see you later!" bella says as she walks off. i wave and walk to the door.

i open it quietly and move my shoe. the door slams shut and i jump. luckily, no one wakes up.

i walk over to the tv and sit on the floor. i open my cheez itz and juice box and start eating them.

after a couple minutes, billie wakes up and notices i'm not next to her. "paisley?" billie says in a raspy, tired voice.

"yes, mommy?" i say and look up at billie. billie turns over and sees me on the floor with my snacks. i walk over to the bed.

"where did you get those from?" billie asks, sitting up. "bella got them for me!" i say and smile. "who's bella?" billie says, picking me up off of the floor.

she sits me in her lap and i look at her. "she's fourteen and she bought me snacks." i say and smile. "did you sneak out?" billie says and frowns. "maybe." i said and shrugged.

"paisley, you can't do that, what if someone took you?" billie says and looks at me. "bella could've stabbed them like the lady did in the movie last night." i say and smile.

billie's face goes red. "i thought you were asleep when i was watching that." she mutters and facepalms.

"where are we, mommy?" i ask. "we are in the bahamas for a small vacation." billie says and smiles. "ooh." i respond.

"i'm going to wake up finneas and then we will get ready to go swim in the ocean." billie says and kisses my cheek. "okay." i say and get off the bed. this is gonna be a fun day!

•••
word count: 604