S E V E N

billie

about an hour later, the doctor walks back in. "good news, she's now awake and well. the impact on her head wasn't as hard, but since she's only two, it just made her black out. you can come see her now." the doctor says as she smiles.

thank god.

we all get up and follow her to go to paisley's hospital room. we walk into her room and i immediately run towards her. "hi baby!" i say as i hug her. "hi mommy." she says tiredly.

"i wanna go home." she says sadly. she has an ice pack on her head, soothing the bruise and knot that was forming on her head and an IV needle in her left arm.

"can i take her home?" i ask the doctor. "yes, you can." she says as she walks over to paisley. she takes out the needle gently and puts on a bandaid.

i pick up paisley from the bed and she clings onto me tight. "thank you so much." i say to the doctor as we all walk out the room. "my pleasure!" she says back as she walks away.

we exit the hospital and walk back to the car. i put paisley in her car seat and strap her in. "when we get home, can i have some candy?" paisley asks. i laugh. "sure." i say as i hold her hand.

we arrive at home. i take paisley out of her car seat and walk up to the door. my mom opens the door and we all walk in. i go straight to my room and find the organic gummy bears that i bought for paisley.

i open the bag and put a handful of them into a small ziplock bag for snacks. paisley takes her time with eating the gummy bears, so i put them in little baggies so the dye in them won't stain her hands.

i hand paisley the bag. "thank you mommy!" she says as she quickly eats one while sitting on my bed. "you're welcome." i reply.

i get bored after a couple of minutes. i take a selfie and post it on instagram.

~

1

1.1 million likes
wherearetheavocados just got back from the hospital because paisley fell down the stairs and wouldn't wake up but she's gucci now she's just snacking on some gummy bears in my room

user5 billie watch your child

user10 aww :(

finneas while she's in there teach her how to say my name correctly because i'm tired of being "uncle finnus"

wherearetheavocados what no it's cute @.finneas

user6 LOL @.finneas

user13 why would you adopt her if you can't take care of her? take her back.

user19 who peed in your cereal ?@.user13

you blocked @.user13 !

~

"paisley, can you hand me my hair hair brush?" i ask. she goes over to my dresser and grabs my hairbrush. she walks over to me and i pick her up and sit her down in front of me.

i take the hair brush from her and i start brushing her brown hair. it's all over the place. "ow!" paisley says as she jumps. "sorry." i say as i brush through another section.

my mom walks in on me brushing paisley's hair. "billie, i'm glad you decided to adopt paisley." she says as she sits down on the end of the bed.

i smile. i continue brushing paisley's hair. "mommy, are you done yet?" paisley asks. "almost." i say as i brush the last section of her hair.

"okay, i'm done." i say as i put the brush down and sit her on my lap. i give her my phone and put it on youtube.

today has been a long day.

•••
word count: 620