F I F T E E N

paisley

billie sits me on the stairs in the pool and tells me to stay. she swims to a certain spot in the pool.

"paisley, swim to me!" she yells, since she is kinda far away. i shake my head no. "don't be scared, baby!" billie yells, reassuringly.

i walk down the steps and a push myself off of them to swim to billie.

i start swimming to billie and since i'm so light, i can stay above the water. i am halfway to billie when i my legs get tired.

"almost there!" billie says and smiles. i finally reach her and she picks me up and smiles. "great job, baby!" she says as she kisses my cheek.

"ready to go home now?" billie asks, holding me. i nod. we get out of the pool and billie places me down while she goes to grab a towel.

i notice that billie dropped one of her rings in the deep end of the pool. i guess it floated over there.

i walk over to the deep end. i squat down to try to get the ring. "mommy, ring!" i say as i point to the pool.

"paisley, come back over here!" billie says, noticing i'm by the deep end.

i grab onto the ladder and stick one of my feet into the water. "paisley, get out of the water now!" billie yells, quickly dropping her towel.

i hold my breath as i jump into the deep end. wow, this is extremely deep.

i try my best to swim down to the ring. i reach the bottom, magically still able to hold my breath.

i grab the ring and start swimming upwards, slowly. i start running out of breath, and i kick faster.

i finally reach the surface to see billie running over to the pool. "here you go, mommy!" i say as i smile and hand her the ring.

"you- how?" billie says, not able to accept that i just swam all the way down to the bottom of the pool and back up.

i hold my arms up, signaling that i want to be picked up. "paisley, you just swam all the way down, and you are okay!" billie says, shocked.

"please, don't ever do that again without me around." billie says as she looks me in the eye. "okay, mommy." i say as i look down.

"you had me so scared, but i'm proud of you." billie says as she kisses the top of my head, wrapping my in a towel.

~

1

1.7 million likes
wherearetheavocados thought i'd let you know my two year old daughter swam the bottom of an 8 feet deep pool and back up with no help just to get my ring 😑

comments disabled

~

"finneas, i'm not joking! she legit swam to the bottom of an eight feet deep pool!" billie says to finneas.

finneas looks at billie with a look that says "really" from the the kitchen chair.

"i did!" i say as i play with my toys on the kitchen counter. "see, even she admits she did." billie says, trying to convince finneas.

he looks at billie then at me. "fine, i believe you." he says as he playfully sighs. i throw my stuffed animal at finneas.

"paisley!" billie says as she picks it up from finneas' lap. "why did you do that?" billie asks, confused. i shrug. "he didn't believe you." i say as i continue to play with my toys.

i stand up on the kitchen counter and start to take off my hoodie. "paisley, you literally only have your underwear on under that." billie says as she sees my trying to take off my hoodie.

"down." i say, pointing to the floor. finneas picks me up from the counter and places me down on the floor.

i take off my hoodie and start running around the house. "what is this child doing?" billie says as she chases me through the house.

i run up the stairs and into billie's room. "i got you!" billie says as she picks me up from the bed.

"obviously, you don't want to keep on your hoodie." billie says, laughing. she rests me on her hip as she walks downstairs to my room.

she goes into my closet and takes out a onesie that can only be zipped down from the back.

she puts me in the onesie and zips it up. it has a little hood on it. billie sits me on my bed and takes a picture on her phone to keep for herself.

billie picks me back up and walks back into the kitchen. "get her." billie says as she puts me in finneas' lap.

i start playing with my toys again as billie pours herself a glass of juice. she sits next to finneas and scrolls on her phone while drinking her drink.

"i want some!" i say as i pout. billie slides the cup over to me. i pick it up with both of my tiny hands and drink some.

"hey, leave some for me." billie says as she laughs and takes the cup. "mommy, do i have a daddy?" i ask as i stop playing with my toys.

billie chokes on her drink. "a dad? no, not yet." billie says, turning red. "okay." i say as i continue playing with my toys.

•••
word count: 895