S I X T E E N

paisley

i wake up the next day to billie gently shaking me. "wake up, paisley." billie says as i slowly open my eyes.

"do you want to come with me to record a song?" she says as i rub my eyes. i shake my head yes.

"let's get you dressed." billie says as she picks me up out of my bed.

~

billie gets me dressed into this outfit.

she helps me put on my shoes and holds my hand as we walk into the kitchen to get my breakfast

billie gets my breakfast out of the refrigerator and grabs a spoon. as always, it's mashed up strawberries and bananas.

she picks me back up and walks over to finneas. "come on, dude." billie says as she motions finneas to follow her.

we all walk out to the car and billie puts me in my car seat while finneas gets in the driver's seat.

she hands me my breakfast and my spoon and opens the container. she then gets in the passenger seat and finneas starts the car.

i start eating my breakfast and look out the window. "you okay back there?" finneas asks, looking in the mirror.

i nod my head yes. "mommy, do you have my ipod?" i ask, finishing my breakfast. she nods and pulls it out of her pocket and hands it to me.

"thank you!" i say as i grab it. "you're welcome." billie says as she pulls out her own phone.

~

we arrive at a building that looks very big. finneas gets me out of my car seat and carries me inside the building with billie following right behind.

when we enter inside, and almost immediately i am greeted with a bowl of candy in plain sight.

"finneas, don't let her see the can-"

"CANDY!" i yell as i point to the bowl. "never mind." billie says as she facepalms. i try to squirm out of finneas' grip.

"paisley, be still." finneas says as he walks over to the bowl and grabs a peppermint.

he opens the wrapper and gives me the peppermint. "thank you!" i say as put the peppermint in my mouth.

(fun fact: i used to call peppermints pepper-nits)

we enter a weird-looking room and finneas places me on a couch. billie walks over to me.

"mommy is gonna sing okay, so you gotta be quiet." billie says as she squats down to my height and hands me her phone since i left my ipod in the car.

"okay, mommy." i say as i hug her. billie hugs me back and gets up and walks into a booth.

billie starts to sing a song while i play on her phone. i click on an app called "snapchat". i wonder what this is.

i play around with the buttons and end up taking a picture of myself.

i end of accidentally putting the picture on billie's story. it's fine, i think.

i get off the couch and walk around the room. i walk over to a door and try to reach the doorknob.

i can't reach it so i walk back over to the couch. i grab billie's phone and walk over to finneas. i tug at his pants leg.

"uncle finnus, what is mommy doing in there?" i ask as he picks me up and sits me on his lap.

"she's singing a song." finneas says, looking at billie. "oh." i say as i look at finneas.

i start singing a song that billie let me listen to one time.

"too shy to say, but i hope you stay, don't hide away, come out and play!" I sing happily.

"paisley, where'd you hear that from?" finneas asks. "mommy." i say as i start tapping random things on billie's phone.

a couple more minutes pass by and billie comes out of the booth. she walks over to me and picks me up from finneas' lap.

she kisses my head and finneas gets up out of his chair. "where are we going?" i ask as billie and finneas walk out of the building.

"we can go to the park, if you'd like." billie says, opening the car door. "yay!" i say as i clap. "you're so cute." billie says as she puts me in my car seat.

•••
word count: 718