F O U R T Y - E I G H T

this chapter is terrible y'all i'm sorry :(

billie

"paisley o'connell?"

i get up with paisley resting on my hip. i follow the lady to the back to sit in the doctor's room.

"mommy, i'm scared." paisley mumbles into my chest. "it'll be fine, she's just gonna do a checkup." i reassure as i take a seat on the chair with paisley in my laugh.

"doctor lynn will be right with you." the lady says and smiles as she closes the door. i mess around with her paisley's hair as we wait for the doctor to come in.

~

"hello!" the doctor, lynn, says, walking into the room. "hello!" i say back and adjust paisley on my lap. "who's this cutie you're holding?" lynn asks, smiling.

"this is my daughter, paisley." i say and smile. "paisley, say hi." i say as i tap her shoulder. "hi." paisleys says softly as she turns around to look at the doctor.

"so, we have her scheduled for a checkup and it looks likes she needs..." lynn pauses and mouths 'shots' so that paisley can't hear. "alright." i say and move paisley's hair behind her ears.

"okay, paisley, i'm going to use this special tool to look inside your ears, mouth, and nose." lynn says as she grabs a little light.

"no." paisley whines as she turns her head. "come on, it's not gonna hurt." lynn reassures as she smiles.

paisley turns her head back and looks at the doctor. lynn shines the light in her ears, nose, and mouth.

"looking good." lynn says and smiles. "now, i'm going to check your heartbeat." she says as she grabs a stethoscope.

lynn puts the stethoscope on paisley's chest and listens to her heartbeat. "you have a healthy heart!" she says and smiles as she puts away her stethoscope.

"can you make sure she doesn't move for this next part?" lynn asks. i nod and hold paisley tight. "the doctor is gonna give you two shots, you'll feel a little prick, but it's gonna be okay." i say to paisley.

lynn walks up to paisley with a shot in her hand. paisley takes one look at the needle and starts to cry. "it's gonna be okay." i whisper into her ear as she continues to cry.

i cover her eyes so she won't see the needle going into her arm. lynn cleans paisley's arm with a disinfectant wipe and gives paisley her two shots.

"good job, paisley!" lynn cheers as she puts two little hello kitty band-aids on paisley's arm. paisley curls into my chest and slowly stops crying.

"since you did so well, i'm going to give you a lollipop." lynn says as she hands paisley a lollipop.

lynn and i talk about paisley's next scheduled check-up and then we finally leave.

~

"how'd she do?" finneas asks, opening the door for us. "meh, there were a couple of tears but she made it." i say as i carry a sleeping paisley into the house.

"poor thing, she had to have two shots." i say as i sit down on the sofa (couch or whatever you call it) cradling paisley. "i'm exhausted." i say as i lean back on the sofa.

"take a nap, you were up like all night." finneas suggests, eating some cereal. "where did that even come from?" i ask, referring to the cereal. "earth." finneas responds. "i hate you." i say jokingly.

~

i lay paisley next to me and in my bed and pull her closer to me. she starts to try and wake up. "mommy, i'm tired." she says softly as she rubs her eyes. "go back to sleep, little baby." i say as i move her hair from her eyes.

"okay, mommy." paisley responds as she closes her eyes again. i do the same and eventually we both fall into a deep sleep.

•••
word count: 646

well then, it's been a while.

ima already tell y'all, there's not gonna be a chapter next week due to me having to prepare for my state test in science on the 12th.

there wasn't gonna be one this week because i have my English state test this week, but I went ahead and finished it today (december 2nd)

sorry for the wait , love y'all !

💜