T W E N T Y - S E V E N

paisley

"paisley, your mom is here!" tailia yells from the living room. "i'll go get her." billie says and smiles. "they are in the room on the right." tailia says and points.

billie walks over to the door and opens it. "girls?" she says, not seeing us. "HELP!" olivia yells.

about an hour ago, gracie came into olivia's room and locked us in olivia's closet. crazy, i know.

"what the heck?" billie says as she opens the closet. olivia and i fall out of the closet. "what were you doing in there?" billie asks, helping us up.

"gracie locked us in the closet for telling on her!" i say and pant. "we were in there for a whole hour!" olivia says and sighs. "it's hot in there." i say and cough.

"i think not." billie says as she picks me and olivia up. she takes us into the kitchen, where tailia is. "gracie locked them up in a hot closet for an hour." billie says, placing us down on a counter.

"what?!" tailia says shocked. "are you girls okay?" tailia asks, rushing over to us. we nod. "i'm gonna go now, but thank you so much." billie says as she picks me up and hugs tailia.

"you're welcome, and i'm sorry about gracie, i don't know what got into her." tailia apologizes. "it's fine." billie says as she walks out the door. "bye!" she waves.

billie gets in the backseat of the car. "billie why do you look like the grinch right now?" finneas asks and laughs.

"gracie locked paisley and olivia in a hot closet for an hour." billie says as she grabs a water bottle.

"paisley head is so hot." billie says as she feels my head. she tilts my head back onto her chest and pours water in my mouth.

"mommy, i'm hot." i say as i look at her. "i know, baby." billie says as she rubs my cheeks. "finneas, turn some air on." billie says.

finneas turns the air on and continues driving. "where are we going?" i ask, looking out the window. "to the airport." billie says and smiles.

"what's an airport?" i ask, confused. "it's where you get on a plane and fly to another place in the world." billie says as she holds my hands.

"why are we going?" i ask. "it's a surprise." billie says as she kisses my head. "oh." i respond.

i start playing with billie's rings. "you really like my rings, don't you?" billie says and laughs. i nod. "i should buy you a ring." billie suggests.

"we're here!" finneas says as he parks the car. billie opens the car door and steps out of the car. she takes me out of the car and puts me on her back.

~

"paisley, just walk through." billie says as she lets go of my hand. i grab her arm. billie and a worker were currently trying to get me to go through the detector.

"i'll give you candy if you go through." billie says and smiles. "okay." i say and let go of billie's arm. i slowly walk through the detector.

"there you go! see, it wasn't so bad." the worker says and smiles. billie and finneas walk through and billie picks me back up.

~

after what feels like forever, we get on the plane. i sit by the window, billie sits next to me, and finneas sits next to billie.

"mommy, i'm scared." i say as i look at billie. "is this your first time on a plane?" billie asks. i nod.

"how about i hold your hand, okay?" billie suggest. i nod and billie grabs my hand.

"attention passengers, the plane is about to take off. please fasten your seatbelts and remain seated."

i look at billie, scared. she squeezes my hand reassuringly. the plane slowly starts to move and eventually starts to fly up.

i whimper, squeezing billie's hand tight. the plane flies into the air, making my ears pop.

"ouch!" i say as i let go of billie's hand and hold my ears. this is gonna be a long flight.

•••
word count: 687

i was writing part of this chapter while i was at school and my friend looked at my phone and read a sentence of what i wrote and got so confused, when i tell y'all i got so embarrassed haha