F O U R T Y - N I N E

billie

i wake up from a nap and sit up on my bed. i notice paisley next to me still asleep. man, i'm tired. there's still some time left of the day, so I decide to be spontaneous and put together a picnic for paisley, finneas, and i.

i walk downstairs to the kitchen. i've decided i'm going to make a small batch of muffins and some sandwiches. i don't normally cook or bake often, nor do i like to as much, but it's calming.

i decide to make some simple strawberry muffins since paisley loves strawberries. i pull up a recipe on my phone and get out the ingredients i need. suddenly, i decide that i should force finneas to help me get done a little quicker.

"FINNEAS!" i yell from the kitchen. i hear footsteps come down the stairs and see an annoyed finneas step foot into the kitchen.

"billie, i was about to take the best shower ever, what could you possibly want?" he asks, looking annoyed. "the shower can wait, bro. help me make these muffins." i say as i measure out some flour and pour it into a bowl.

"i'm sorry, would you repeat that? did you just saying you, of all people, are making muffins? wow, becoming a mom really changed you." finneas jokes. "ha ha, very funny. get over here and crack these eggs." i say as i roll my eyes.

"your wish is my command, baker billie." finneas says as he grabs and egg. "hey, you got a little egg in your hair." i say as i look up at finneas' hair, discreetly grabbing an egg.

"how? i haven't even cracked one yet." finneas questions. "oh, it's right here." i say as I crack the egg on his head. finneas freezes. i hold back a laugh.

"you have three seconds to run before i dump that whole bag of flour on your head."

~

i grab the muffins out of the stove and place them on top of the stove to cool. "hey fin, how are those sandwiches coming along?" i asked, turning around to look at him.

"pretty good, i'm actually almost done. what do you want on yours?" he asks. "the vegan meat i bought yesterday and pickles." i respond. "pickles are for losers." finneas responds.

"you must eat a lot of pickles, then." i say as i start to walk upstairs to wake up paisley.

i reach my room and see paisley still asleep on my bed. i quietly walk over to her and gently shake her awake. "wake up, little baby." i say softly as she begins to slowly open her eyes.

paisley rubs her eyes and sits up in the bed. she yawns and holds her arms up signaling that she wants to be picked up. i pick her up and walk out of the room and to the kitchen.

"well, look who's awake!" finneas says as he chuckles. paisley gives a small wave and puts her head on my shoulder. "me and uncle finneas made you a picnic outside, wanna go see?" I ask, looking down at paisley.

"yes, mommy." paisley responds.

~

i set paisley down next to me on the picnic blanket. "mommy, what's that?" paisley asks, pointing at the strawberry muffins. "those are muffins, want one?" I ask. paisley nods her head and reaches out to grab one.

i take a muffin and give it to paisley. she eats the muffin and smiles. "is it good?" finneas asks. "yes!" paisley says as she takes another bite. "good, cause i made them. they were all my idea." finneas says and smiles.

"you did not, you liar!" i say as i throw an orange at him. "OW." he yells as he throws it back at me.

"so you wanna play games, huh?"

•••
word count: 638

hey...hey...how y'all doing...

I KNOW ITS BEEN 6 MONTHS SINCE AN ACTUAL CHAPTER IM SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT THIS BOOK AND I HAVE LIKE ZERO IDEAS AND I DON'T WANNA DISCONTINUE IT 🙈

anyways how have y'all been.

i came back at a weird time. corona, black lives matter protests, all that.

sorry it took so long to update honestly might be more months before I update again haha.

anyways i'm gonna be an aunt in november! i'm so excited.

I've also moved on from sebastian stan guys 😔 yeah i know i know.

i'm obsessed with caleb finn now 🙈 he's noticed me and my groupchat a couple times tee hee

also send me stories that are very similar to mine bc I do not like people who take my plot smh

anyways hope you all are doing well!

love y'all 💛