T W E N T Y - S I X

y'all thought i was done updating . y'all thought.

lil filler chapter coming at chu :)

paisley

olivia and i were currently in the kitchen, making a mess. we were trying to make a cake.

olivia pours some cake mix into the bowl and i pour in some milk. "we got to put the chocolate thingy in!" i say as i grab cocoa powder. i get a handful of it and put it in the bowl.

"isn't the cake already chocolate flavored?" olivia asks. "no, because the cake has a marshmallow man on the cover, and he isn't brown like chocolate is."  i explain as i put in another handful.

(i'm reading this back over and it sounds racist but it's not 😂 she's referring to the pillsbury man)

"oh, makes sense." olivia says as she puts in some salt. "you're smart!" she says and smiles. "thanks!" i say as hug olivia.

"what's next?" i ask. "we need that yellow liquid thing." olivia says as she grabs a bottle labeled "oil". she pours some in and i grab some eggs.

"mommy taught me how to crack eggs, so i'll do it for you." olivia says as she grabs the two eggs and cracks them almost perfectly.

olivia grabs the bag of sugar, even though it's already in the cake mix, and pours a lot in. "i'll mix!" i say as i grab a wooden spoon and start mixing.

"i'll turn the stove on." olivia says as she presses some buttons. "i've seen mommy do it." she says and smiles.

we pour the batter into a cake pan and put it in the stove. "we need frosting." olivia says and looks at me. "how do you make that?" i ask. olivia shrugs.

all of a sudden, we hear the doorknob turn. "i'm hom- oh my goodness!" tailia says as she looks at us in the kitchen. we wave and smile.

"what have you girls done while i wasn't home?" tailia says, placing her purse down. "we made a cake!" i say and smile.

"where is it?" tailia asks. "in the stove." olivia says simply. "oh gosh." tailia says as she looks in the stove. "why does it actually look good?" she says and laughs.

"where's gracie?" tailia asks. "in her room." olivia says and smiles. tailia goes to the stairs and walks up. "let's follow." i say as i grab olivia's hand and run up the stairs.

"hey gracie, i'm back home ear-"

olivia and i walk into the room. gracie and hayden jump in surprise. "GRACIE ANNE WILSON!" tailia yells.

"uh, hi mom." gracie says and nervously laughs. "i told her that you said he couldn't come over but she said you weren't here so she invited him anyways." olivia explains, smiling at the end.

"she even threatened to throw olivia's dolls away if she told." i say and look at gracie. "oh really, huh?" tailia says.

gracie glares at olivia and i. "hayden, leave." tailia says. hayden walks out of the room.

"gracie, you're grounded for a month. you were supposed to watch the girls! they were messing around with a hot stove, they could've been seriously injured and you're not even asking if they are okay!" tailia lectures.

she takes gracie's phone and walks over to us.

"come on girls." tailia says as she grabs both of our hands. we walk out of gracie's room and back downstairs.

"let's check on that wonderful cake, shall we?"

•••
word count: 570