T W E L V E

paisley

i loved swimming yesterday! it's so fun. i wanted to go to the pool today, but billie isn't home right now, so i'm staying with grandma.

"grandma, when is mommy coming back?" i ask. "in two hours or less." grandma responds as she hands me a cup of orange juice.

i take the cup and walk to my room. i sit on my chair and drink the orange juice.

i finish my juice and set the cup down on the floor. i'm so bored. then, i hear someone walk into my room.

"uncle finnus!" i say as i run up to finneas and hug him. "hi paisley!" finneas laughed as he picked me up.

"where's billie?" he asks me as he rests me on his hip. "i don't know. grandma says she'll be back in two hours." i explain. "how long is that anyways?" i ask.

"about four full episodes of peppa pig." finneas says. i pout. "that's too long! i want my mommy back." i say and whine.

"well, do you want to play outside?" he asks. "okay." i say as he walks out of my room.

we go outside and finneas sets me down. "so, i heard you're learning how to swim." finneas says as a start spinning around.

"yep!" i say as i jump up and down. i stop jumping and start running around the yard. i see a cool looking rock and pick it up.

"uncle finnus, look!" i say as i run up to him and show him the rock. "woah, that's pretty cool." finneas says as he looks at the rock.

"you know, if you find four cool rocks, build a small house, and add a flower to it everyday, fairies will leave you a little note?" finneas says as he bends down to my level.

i gasp. "really?" i ask, shocked. "mhm." finneas says as he smiles. "let's go find three more rocks!" finneas says as he puts me on his back.

we walk around the yard, looking for rocks. "there's two!" i shout as i point at a rock. "good eye!" finneas says as he picks them up.

"now, we need to build a house!" i say as i smile. "want to wait until your mommy comes home so we can go to the store together?" finneas asks.

"okay!" i say as i smile. finneas takes me inside the house. we sit on the couch in the living room and watch tv until billie comes back.

i sigh. "i miss mommy." i say as i get sad. "aww, don't worry, she's coming back, okay?" finneas says as he side hugs me.

<>

"honey, i'm home!" billie yells as she walks through the door. i gasp. "where's my little munchkin?" i hear billie say as she walks into the living room.

"oh hi finneas!" billie says as she notices him. "hey bil." finneas says as he sets me down.

"hi baby!" billie says as i run up to her. "mommy!" i say as i hug her legs. "did you miss me?" she asks. i nod. "paisley, tell billie about the fairies." finneas says as he smiles.

"if you find four cool rocks, build a small house, and add a flower it everyday, a fairy will bring you a note!" i explain as i jump up and down. "really?" billie asks, eyeing finneas. he shrugs.

"yeah! we have to go make a little house now, can you come with us?" i ask with my puppy eyes. "aww, how could i say no to that face." billie says as she picks me up. i can't wait!

•••
word count: 604