T H I R T Y - F O U R

paisley

"but, mommy!" i whine. "no buts, you're putting this on." billie says back. "no!" i yell.

it was now around eight o'clock and bella's family invited us for dinner at a restaurant. billie was trying to put me in my clothes.

"paisley, put it on!" billie argues. "NO!" i scream. "okay, we'll just leave you here while we go eat, have fun in the room." billie says as she puts the outfit down and gets up.

"no, don't leave me!" i say as i run over to billie. "are you gonna let me put on your outfit?" billie asks. "fine." i mumble as billie picks me up to get me dressed.

~

(her outfit)~finneas picks me up and we walk the room and take the stairs to the lobby

(her outfit)
~
finneas picks me up and we walk the room and take the stairs to the lobby. we are not about to get stuck again.

we reach the lobby and see bella's family sitting on the couches.

finneas puts me down and i walk over to elliot. "hi." i say and smile. "hi." he says back.

"the restaurant is actually in walking distance, so we are gonna walk there." bella's dad, todd, explains.

i grab elliot's hand and we all walk out of the hotel.

~

"aww, look at them." bella says as she turns around and looks at elliot and i holding hands. "young love." finneas jokes as he laughs.

we walk into the restaurant, olive garden, and a waiter walks up to us. "table for seven." opal, bella's mom, says.

the waiter takes us to a big table. i sit next to elliot. the waiter hands us over menus. "hi, my name is sarah and i will be your server tonight, can i start you all with something to drink?" sarah asks.

we order our drinks and sarah walks away to go get them. "mommy, can i get spaghetti?" i ask. "okay, elliot what do you want?" billie asks. "the same thing." he says and smile.

i color on my kids menu with the crayons they gave us.

a couple minutes pass and sarah brings back our drinks and takes our orders.

"can we get one big bowl of spaghetti and have them share it?" opal asks. "sure thing." sarah says and smiles. she finishes getting our orders and walks away.

i take a sip of my lemonade. "elliot, what did you get?" i ask. "fruit punch, want some?" he says and offers me his cup. i nod and take a sip of his.

"i don't know how i feel about this." bella says as she watches elliot and i take sips of each other's drinks.

"i mean that's basically kissing." bella jokes and laughs. "no it's not." i say and pout. "okay, sure." bella says as she pats my head.

twenty minutes pass and sarah comes back with our food. that took a long time.

"be careful, it's hot." todd says to us. "i have a feeling paisley will get messy." billie says as she gets up out of her chair.

she gets a big napkin and wraps it around my neck. "there you go." billie says as she walks back to her chair.

i pick up my fork and start eating. "this is hard." i say as i try to pick up the spaghetti with the fork. "why not work?" i say to myself.

"humph." i grunt as i throw my fork down and use my hands. "children is the spaghetti go-" finneas stops and stares at me.

"what?" i say as i shove spaghetti into my mouth. "why aren't you using a fork, you know how to use one." finneas asks.

"too much work." i say and shrug. "you got elliot over here, using two forks, and then there's paisley." bella says and laughs.

"whatever you say." finneas says and chuckles.

•••
word count: 631

y'all i literally forgot to write a chapter so that's why this is short and uploaded late 😂