S I X

paisley

"mommy?" i call as i walk out of my room. "in here baby!" i hear billie say. i run in her room with a smile on my face. when i walk in, i see the girl that i had accidentally called.

i stand in the doorway shyly. "come here, paisley." billie says as she opens her arms. i walk slowly to her arms and she picks me up. "did grandma feed you yet?" billie asks. i nod.

"paisley, i want you to meet my friend, danielle." she says as she gestures to the red-haired girl. i give a shy wave. "billie, why is she so cute?" danielle asks as she pokes my arm.

"can you say dani?"she asks. "dani." i say and clap happily. "good job paisley!" billie says as she pats my head. "well billie, i'll be going now. see you." danielle says as she walks out of the room, and leaves the house.

mommy, can i go play games with uncle finnus?" i ask nicely. billie laughs at me because i still can't pronounce "finneas". "yes." she says as she sets me down.

i run down the stairs. not the best idea. i fall down the stairs and hit my head on the wall three times. i then fall on the floor, hitting my head again in the process. i black out.

finneas

i'm in the living room, watching tv, when all of a sudden i hear a thump. "what the?" i say as i get up and walk to the stairs.

there, i see paisley all curled up in a ball. "PAISLEY!" i shout as i rush over to her. i shake her vigorously. "wake up, wake up, wake up!" i say as i keep shaking her. i see a big bruise forming on her head.

"BILLIE! MOM!" i yell loudly. they both come running out of different direction. "what?" billie says out of breath. she then sees paisley. "she fell down the stairs and she won't wake up, we need to go to the hospital!" i say as i keep trying to wake her up.

"oh my god. oh my god!" billie says as she hurriedly scoops up paisley in her arms and runs to the car.

i get in the backseat with billie and paisley while mom drives to the emergency room.

"wake up, paisley!" billie says. she won't stir. i can't believe this.

[]

we reach the emergency room and billie runs up to the front desk. "my daughter fell down the stairs and now she won't wake up!" billie says all in one breath. "oh my gosh, come with me." the lady says as she opens the big doors to the rooms.

she grabs paisley from billie's arms and takes her to a patient room. she tells us to wait in the waiting room.

billie is trying her best to cry because i know she'll feel weak. she needs to understand that it's okay to cry.

"what if she doesn't wake up?" billie asks me. "we just have to hope for the best." i say as i hug billie.

hope for the best.

•••
word count: 534

lol i know y'all don't like me right now