T W E N T Y - F O U R

paisley

"paisley, it's time for your bath!" billie yells from the bathroom. i put my ipod down and run into the bathroom.

billie helps me take off my clothes and puts me in the warm bathtub. "do you want a bath bomb?" billie asks. i nod. last week, i used a bath bomb for the first time.

billie gets a pink bath bomb from under the sink and hands it to me. i grab it and sit down in the water. i lower it in the water and watch it fizz.

billie smells my hair. "you're hair smells like chlorine." she says and laughs. billie grabs some of her shampoo and puts some in my hair while i play with the bath bomb.

billie then pours a cup of water on my head, rinsing out the shampoo. "ah!" i say as the water gets in my eyes. "burn!" i say as i close my eyes. "did it get in your eye?" billie asks. i nod.

"open your eyes, i'm gonna pour some water in it, okay?" billie says as she tilts my head back. i open my eyes and she pours a little water in my eyes. "better?" she asks. "yes." i say as i run my eyes.

after a couple minutes of me playing in the bathtub, billie drains the water and wraps me in a warm towel. she dries me off and puts me in a little robe.

 she dries me off and puts me in a little robe

"can i go play with my toys?" i ask. "sure, baby." billie says as she opens the door. i run out of the bathroom and into my room.

i get my two stuffed animals, chubs and star, and place them on the floor. i get my tinker bell doll and place it next to chubs.

i stand in front of them in my robe. "welcome to my dance show!" i say and smile. "today i will be dancing to mommy's song!" i say as i clap.

i run over and grab my ipod. billie downloaded some songs onto my ipod last week. i click on a random song.

"i've been watching you, for some time."

i start dancing to the song in front of my toys. "you really know how to make me cry when you give me those ocean eyes!" i sing as i dance.

the song eventually ends and i stop dancing. "thank you for coming to my show!" i say and bow.

billie walks into my room. "i heard my music." is all she says when she walks in. "i was dancing!" i say and smile. "well, it's time for bed." billie says.

"it is?" i ask. billie nods. "i'm going to be my room if you need anything." billie says as she picks me up. she tucks me in my bed and kisses my cheek.

"goodnight." billie says. "goodnight!" i say as i hug billie. "i love you!" i say to billie. "i love you too!" she says and smiles. billie climbs back down the ladder.

she walks out the door and turns off the light. for the first, i'm actually tired. i fall asleep in about five minutes.

~

i bolt out of my sleep after having a horrible nightmare. i whimper to myself and sit up in my bed.

i crawl down the ladder and open my door to my room. i run out of the door and run up the stairs. i walk into billie's room and see that she's asleep.

i look at the clock on billie's desk and i see it says "2:43 am". i have no idea what that means. i walk over to billie's bed.

"mommy." i whisper. billie doesn't stir. "mommy, wake up." i say as i look up at her. i tap billie's hand. "mommy!" i whine. is she ever gonna wake up?

i stand on my tippy toes and slap billie to wake her up. billie jolts awake. "paisley, what are doing awake?" she says in a tired.

"i had a nightmare." i say. "what was it about?" billie says as she sits up in her bed. "you took me back to the and didn't want me anymore." i say and frown.

"aww, paisley." billie says as she picks me up off the floor and sits me on her lap. "i would never take you back, okay? you are the best daughter ever." billie says as she hugs me.

"you promise?" i ask. "i promise, my love." billie says as she kisses my head. billie pulls some over the cover back and puts me in her bed.

"better?" billie asks. i nod. i cuddle up to billie and wrap my arms around her waist. after a couple minutes we both fall back asleep.

•••
word count: 790