E L E V E N

billie

i wake up the next day and see paisley next to me in my bed. i get out the bed, careful not wake her up.

i walk out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

i go the coffee machine and let it start making my coffee while i prepare paisley's food.

i walk to the fridge and take out some strawberries, bananas, and blueberries. i go to the blender and put in the fruits, adding a little bit of sugar.

the blender blends up the fruits. i stop the blender before the mixture gets very liquidity. i pour the mixture into a container and put a spoon in it.

i like to give paisley mashed up fruit for breakfast because it's easier for her to eat and there's no chance she could choke on it.

my coffee gets done and i pour it into a coffee mug.

i then hear little footsteps coming down the stairs. i turn around and see paisley at the bottom of the stairs, rubbing her eyes.

"hi baby." i say as i put her breakfast on the table along with my coffee. she walks over to me and holds up arms up, signaling that she walks to be picked up.

i pick her up and kiss her cheek. i carry her to her chair and gently place her down on it.

she starts eating her breakfast as i drink my coffee. i start recording paisley.

"mommy, when is finneas coming back?" paisley asks. "probably tomorrow." i respond, sipping my coffee.

"that's too long!" paisley whines. "that's what she said." i say to the camera. "what does that mean?" paisley asks. i burst out laughing and post the video to instagram.

"you're too young, child." i say as i pat paisley's head and put my coffee cup in the sink.

"i was thinking of teaching you how to swim." i say as i lean over the counter, facing paisley. "what do you think?" i ask, resting my head on my hand.

"okay, mommy." paisley says as she finishes her breakfast. "let's get you dressed then." i ask as i walk over to paisley and pick her up.

<>

3.1 million likes
wherearetheavocados going for a swim 🏊‍♀️

user1 she even got designer shoes-

user2 this two year old has a better life than me what

user3 she's so cute 🧡

user4 billie don't let her drown

user5 paisley marie o'connell are you showing off your legs

<>
we arrive at the public swimming pool. there aren't many people here, luckily. i get into the shallow end of the pool with paisley.

paisley immediately gets scared and clings on to me tight. "don't worry, i got you." i say as i face her. i sit down in the water.

i gently place her down on my legs in the two feet of water. "sit down facing me, paisley." i say as she sits down.

"now lean forward, and rest your legs in the water." i say as i help paisley. "i'm scared, mommy." she says as she does what i tell her to do. "don't be." i say and smile.

"kick your legs up and down." i say. she starts kicking. "good job!" i say as slowly glide around in the water, holding paisley's hands.

"yay!" she says as she starts to get the hang of it. "great, now i want you to paddle with this hand." i say as i slowly let go of her right hand and hold her left hand tightly.

paisley starts paddling with her hand. "good job!" i say as i smile at her. "now, i want you to swim to me, exactly the way i taught you, okay?" i say as i get ready to let go of her hand.

i quickly let go of her hand and move back about two feet. she starts swimming. "good job, baby! keep going!" i say as she almost reaches me.

she grabs on to me as she reaches me. "you did it!" i say as i clap. paisley smiles.

we practice a little more for the next hour, which consists of me moving farther and farther away for her to swim to.

paisley is gonna be a great swimmer!

~
word count: 710