Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

"A bold one isn't he," one of the Fates stated as she spun a thread.

"Well we expected nothing else did we?" another said measuring it.

"After all that is exactly why we chose him," the last replied cutting the string.

Percy looked at this process with calculating eyes. He then pointed to the first one, "Clotho" the second, "Lachesis," and the last, "Atropos."

The three nodded as Lachesis spoke up, "very good Perseus Jackson very good indeed."

"Oh please call me Percy," Percy said rubbing his head.

"Well then Percy I must ask," Clotho asked, "do you like the abilities we gave you?"

"Y-you?" Percy asked with a jaw wide open, "you gave me these powers?! Why?!"

"A long story, which you don't need to know," Atropos replied in a neutral voice, "yet."

Percy looked at all three but their faces didn't give anything away. Percy sighed, "so what can I do for you?"

"What makes you think we want you to do anything for us?" Atropos asked with a cough, "and what makes you think you can even help us?"

Percy shrugged, "why else would you be here?"

Clotho laughed, "very good Percy," she then snapped her finger and Percy saw a box appear in front of him. Percy quickly grabbed it before it fell down and the title read, 'Greek Legends' with a bookmark sticking out.

Percy opened the book and on the bookmarked page was the battle between the Gods and the Titans."We are you showing me this?" Percy asked as he skimmed over the pages.

"The Titan Kronos rises again," Lachesis said, "and the Titan war will begin anew."

"Again why tell me? Shouldn't the Gods be the ones you tell?"

Clotho shook her head, "they don't care. Because this was isn't for the soul of Olympus, it's for the soul of all the demigods. Kronos wishes to use the demigods that feel betrayed by their parents to win back his throne."

Percy's eyes widened, "wow. I didn't realise that there were other demigods out there. I thought I was the only one."

Atropos shook her head, "No Percy there are several others out there and they all live in Camp Half-Blood."

"So what can I do to stop him?"

"You will know when it is time," Clotho spoke up.

"But for now this is goodbye Percy Jackson,"the three Fates spoke up at once as they disappeared in a flash of light.

Percy stood there with the book and quickly stored it away in his inventory. After waiting for a moment or two he boarded the bus for Manhattan and along the way thought about what the Fates had said.

There were demigods out there. Sure it might seem a little self absorbed to think he was the only demigod out there, but heck he had no idea there were others! Like seriously he had two greek creatures protecting him, and one of them was a freaking legend! And add to that fact that Alecto was also after him and a picture form that he is someone of importance, Percy first thought he was important because he was a demigod, but now he knows it is for something else.

The bus arrived an hour later in Manhattan where Percy got off and made his way to his home, his crappy, small home. His neighborhood was in the crappy part of town. As Percy earned his apartment he saw Gabe's yellow Camaro outside. Say what you will about the man, he does have a sweet ride.