Chapter 55

Chapter 55:

"We need to strike back now!" Ares roared as he got off his throne, "Kronos is already amassing his strength and we need to gather ours."

"We can't just jump into battle Ares," Athena stepped forward to meet her half brother head on, "we are fighting an invisible army here. An army I remind you that has no problem finding out where we live. If we gather our forces now, with nowhere to attack we would just be sitting ducks. It would be equal to putting big red target on our back!"

"So you want us to just sit here and do nothing?!"

"No! I don't say that! We need to fight back, but we can't afford to call our armies yet! That would just give targets for Kronos to attack!"

"Then what do you suppose we do woman?!"

"Plan a strategy of attack!"

"I do have a strategy, attack!"

Poseidon sighed as he looked down at Percy standing besides his throne, "this is the problem of having two Gods of war."

Percy chuckled, "honestly I don't really care. This is some first class entertainment. It's like a spanish soap opera, only more magic and monsters."

Poseidon rolled his eyes as the two water lovers turned to their dysfunctional family.

"Enough!" Zeus finally stepped up stopping the two war god from wagging war, which seemed kind of redundant. "We will not settle anything by arguing about this!"

"Then what do you propose we do father?" Athena asked.

"Artemis," Zeus turned to his daughter, "you said nearly half of the humans have the mark of Kronos?"

The silver eyed Goddess nodded, "indeed father. Half, at least from what I have seen so far."

"Percy," Zeus turned to the son of Poseidon, "you have the most experience with these marked mortals, are they a danger to us?"

Percy hummed, "from what I gather, no, not really. If that was true then we would currently be living in a city filled with killers all out to get us. They way I see it these marks just push the bad people to do bad things, while leaving the good ones unaffected."

"I see... Athena," Zeus turned to his daughter, "have your children investigate these markings, find out how they spread and find out how to stop them."

"They are going to need help," Percy spoke up, "and lots of it."

"And why do you think you exists Percy?" Zeus asked with a chuckle.

"They are going to need people far more powerful than me," Percy clarified stopping Zeus mid sentence.

"What? More powerful than you?"

Percy nodded, "yeah. I could barely even see the mark, and that was with my best effort. The only reason I know what it even looks like is because Artemis managed to see it."

"I see..." Zeus scratched his beard. 'Huh, has anyone noticed Zeus is saying 'I see' a lot? No? Just me? Okay.'

"Artemis, what task are you and your hunters currently engaged in?" Zeus asked.

"The...." Artemis turned to look towards Percy. Zeus noticed what he daughter what looking at and sighed.

"It's fine, he's the impromptu leader of the demigods, he deserves to know about this," Zeus rubbed his temples.

"Well then, father, my hunters and I are currently hunting for the Ophiotaurus," Artemis explained.

"Wait, is that the thing you have been looking for for the past half a year?" Percy asked remembering his talks with Artemis during the beginning of his summer.