Chapter 38

Chapter 38:

Percy sat down in front of the beach cleaning Waverider with a wet stone. He didn't know whether a weapon like this needed to be maintained, but he rather not risk it going dull on him.

Ping!

You have maintained your weapon! 5% bonus!

Plus there was the 5% bonus.

Percy closed and pushed the box away. He then put his weapon away and looked out at the sea. Leo was out playing in the water, the dog was clearly enjoying himself.

Percy sighed, 'okay I have to at least address what happened last night.'

Percy had been a wreck. Last night he kissed her....well she kissed him first but that's not the point. He had no idea why he did that. It just felt....right. It felt like everything in the world just fades away and the only thing that counted was Thalia and him.

'Dad is so going to kill me. Really? A daughter of Zeus? The only way I could have chosen someone worse to kiss is if I kissed a daughter of Athena!'

Percy hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night. How could he? He just kissed someone, like an actual person he cared for! The first person he kissed was a demon from hell, the second was an older girl after he saved her from the mafia and the third was the queen of the Underworld! This was the first time he ever kissed someone who....who he liked.

He hadn't seen Thalia in the morning, she must have been hungover or something. Thalia was a great friend, and maybe yes, he did want to be closer with her. But they had just started to get along and now....Percy was afraid he had gone and screwed it up.

Percy grumbled and got up, 'if only I could seal away my own feelings. Sigh, what was it Love said? 'Love comes in many forms and in many sources. Do not try to stick to only one path. Look at all, and open your eyes to the feeling of others. After all, you have plenty of love to go around?' Yeah right. It doesn't matter what I want, what matters is what she wants. I mean.... Does she want me?'

"Percy?"

'I think she does. I mean why else would she kiss me?'

"Percy!"

'And she did kiss me first, so she made the first move, not me, so I should be-'

"PERCY!"

"What?!" Percy yelled back turning to see his demigod trainees fight off a Legion zombie. It was the third one they fought in a row, after Percy took care of the Damned Knight that showed up.

"We need your help!" John yelled as several demigods attacked the legion zombie keeping it distracted as they lead it towards the sea.

Percy sighed as he got up, "fine....lazy bums. Can't even fight a giant zombie."

They demigods moved away and Percy approached the monster. The monster spotted the demigods moving away and it constantly tried to attack them by swinging it's big arms around.

Percy sighed and turned around to Leo who was playing in the still waters, "Leo, sick him."

The dog whined, "you want me to do what?!"

"Just bite him, or scratch him. I promise you won't get hurt."

"Bu-But master!" Leo whined even louder looking sad and scared.

Percy narrowed his eyes, 'puppy dog eyes? Really?' Percy almost wanted to apologize to Leo for even suggesting the idea, but instead he quickly slammed down Gamer's mind and crushed all the sympathy he had. "Do it."