Chapter 43

Chapter 43:

Percy sighed as he stood on the bridge of the boat. He sipped from his mug of hot cocoa looking out at landscape before him. The damage he caused during his battle with Alcyoneus was immense. The mountain to the left was broken in half with the broken piece floating in the bottom of the ocean. The Hubbard Glacier was broken down at the side, luckily nothing was broken on the top, else Percy would have had to dive into the water to retrieve all that imperial gold weapons.

Thalia walked up to him wrapped up in a blanket sipping from her own cup of coco, "you feeling better?"

Percy nodded, "much," he coughed out. His voice had finally cracked, it was becoming deeper and deeper day by day. So a dip into the ice cold waters of Alaska seemed to have finally pushed it over the edge. Percy honestly couldn't tell the difference, but Thalia kept telling him his voice sounded deeper.

Percy had healed completely when inside the water. After healing, Thalia took him back to the boat to rest. He fell unconscious the moment his head hit the pillow. But now he was up and about.

The only sign that he even was in a battle was the large scar that now rested on his chest. Apparently attacks done by haki coated weapons caused lasting damage that Gamer's body couldn't heal from.

Percy looked at his watch, it was 9 in the morning, they had been here for more than half a day. Percy turned to Thalia, "did you get enough sleep last night?"

"I got enough," Thalia said rubbing her eyes. Percy saw the bags under her eyes, 'she must have stayed up to make sure nothing happened to me.'

Percy wrapped his free arm around her kissing her. She tasted like chocolate and pine, "you're such a bad liar."

Thalia smiled, "so are you." They stayed silent for a while. Now that Alcyoneus was no longer a problem this place was pleasant, romantic even.

"Hell of a first date huh?" Percy said smiling.

"Really? You consider this our first date?"

Percy nodded, "yeah, why? What do you call your first date?"

"Well there was a concert, if you remember."

"Yeah, but we weren't actually dating back then."

Thalia nodded, "yeah, I suppose. Well I can't really complain," Thalia said sipping her drink, "I mean this is probably what a demigod couple can consider the perfect first date. We got to travel, fight a monster, destroy the landscape, cook dinner. You know, the normal things that couples do."

Percy chuckled, "Thalia, you know that we are weird, even for a demigod couple."

Thalia nodded, "that is very true."

Percy sipped his drink, "how long do you think the mortals will take before they find out what happened here?"

Thalia shrugged, "this is a very secluded area. It may take them a week, or maybe even only a few days. After all you did destroy the top of a mountain."

Percy nodded, "yeah. I guess that was a little bite to loud."

Thalia chuckled and nodded her head, "yeah, a little."

Percy smiled kissing his girlfriend again. They sat down on the sun beds and just cuddled up close enjoying the view of the calm water. Percy honestly loved this place, he wanted to come again, if Thalia wanted to that is.

"How are you not freezing?" Thalia asked.

Percy shrugged, looking at himself. He had throw away the jacket, it was useless now. It had been ripped into pieces, luckily the pin of protection he had was still usefull, maybe he could use it on something else. All he wore now was an orange camp Half-Blood t-shirt and a pair of jeans, "I don't feel it. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I can control ice."