Chapter 31

Chapter 31:

The Ascension was anchored away from the island as Percy and teams Alpha and Beta used smaller row boats to reach the island. Rocks jutted out at the shore, but the forest looked welcoming, almost too welcoming.

"We have to be careful lads," Galen said in a low tone, "I remember coming here with Odysseus the first time. The forest is filled with monsters and traps laid out by the stupid Cyclops. There is also a charm around the forest that causes everyone who enters it to become influenced to do stupid things leading you astray or into danger. Be careful."

Percy and the others nodded as the two teams slowly entered the forest;

You have entered a forest!

+5 to all stats!

Percy could also feel the mana of the charm Galen was talking about, but luckily thanks to Gamer's mind he was immune to all mental manipulations.

"Here I think I found a way," Marc said pointing to a trail leading into the forest. The sailor took one step onto the trail when suddenly something burst from the ground towards Marc.

Percy however was on alert and had moved fast enough to push Marc to the side avoiding a giant iron spike that would have otherwise skewered him.

"Merde!" Marc exclaimed as he got back up, "it's already messing with our heads. I was sure there was nothing there! Thanks Percy, you saved my life there."

"Yeah no problem. But ah guys maybe I should lead," Percy said.

Galen raised an eyebrow, "and why is that?"

"I'm kind of immune to mental manipulations. It's the only reason I'm still alive after meeting Cthulu," Percy explained making the others remember the incident.

"Any objections?" Galen asked as no one raised their hands, "then Percy, lead on."

Percy nodded and soon the team of sailors and demigod walked into the forest heading towards the mountain in the center of the island. The forest was big and filled with bugs and other type of creepy crawlies. Luckily Percy had brave men with him and -

"-A bug!" William screamed out a he ran away from a big centipede that was crawling up a tree.

Percy sighed, 'okay maybe not so brave....'

The forest was playing tricks on them, people were lead astray more than once. Percy had to not only make sure nobody died but also make sure they were going the right way. Once he caught William just as he was about to fall into a 10 foot deep ditch.

They soon crossed a big bridge over a fast flowing river and slowly the forest started to die out. The tree line soon went away revealing to them a wide plain of open grass.

"There, that's the cave," Galen said pointing at the big mountain in the center of the plains. By the side of the mountain was a large opening which was closed by a huge rock.

Everyone walked towards it and gathered around the entrance. Percy knocked on the stone, it was thick, maybe 40-50 feet thick.

"There is no way in hell we are getting past that," Galen said with a tsk, "we tried it the first time we were here and we didn't even make a scratch on the stone."

Marc raised an eyebrow, "ah, Galen you do remember who you're with right?"

Galen looked confused, "who I'm with? I'm with you all but what does that-"

Before Galen finished his sentence Percy turned around and activated his Speed, Body Form and Earthquake powers. He charged up his right hand with Body Form and Earthquake vibrations;