Chapter 52

Chapter 52:

Percy stood in front of the Golden Eagle in the middle of the Roman encampment. He had stayed away from this place for a few days, but eventually his curiosity won out, he needed to know what happened here. The Eagle looked like it had been well used, almost tiered even, that shine which had been there before for was gone. Percy could feel like it was recovering slowly, but still, for now it looked like it was tuckered out.

"I didn't expect to see you back so soon," Saito called out as he worked on the workstation he had built near the Golden Eagle structure.

"I needed to find out what happened," Percy explained.

"Honestly Percy.....I have no clue," Saito shrugged as pulled out the computer box Percy and him used to find the quantum number of parallel universes. It was burnt out beyond belief, "fucking broken."

"How did you bring me back?" Percy asked as he looked at all the fired equipment on the table. Saito had always treated his toys with care, but seeing them like this told Percy just how much had to be sacrificed to bring him back to his world.

"After you left my computer was able to decode the probability matrix of the world you traveled to," Saito sighed, "nearly took up my entire memory storage to do so....anyway, we had the number, we just needed to find a way to bring you back. It seems that the box emitted some extra dimensional radiation that could be harnessed to open another portal, all we needed was a strong enough energy source."

"Did you use the Golden Eagle?" Percy asked pointing at the Eagle. He had unlocked a skill while traveling through worlds, it was called 'dimensional portal creation', and Percy could use it to travel between world. But to use it he needed 20 million MP, something he didn't have. So if Saito needed to open a portal he would need the exact same amount of energy.

"Yeah, we did," Saito nodded, "but we were afraid that might not be enough, after all the Eagle isn't a power source, it's a weapon. Thalia was....insistent we try something. She might have threatened to neuter me once or twice."

Percy chuckled, "yeah she's like that."

Saito sighed, "anyway, yeah, we were afraid we wouldn't be able to help you, and then I saw this," Saito pointed at the marble slab the Eagle was inserted into. Percy remembered this, someone had fused the Eagle with the stone and had drawn runes on it.

"Did you figure out what it is?" Percy asked.

"At first, no, but the longer I looked at it the clearer it became to me," Saito said with a smug smile, "honestly I don't know why no one else figured it out, it's so simple."

"Alright Narcissist, enough with the boosting. What is this?"

"It's a power distributer," Saito said with a smile, "it channels the lighting produced by the Eagle into energy that is channeled through the marble," Saito pointed at the latin words inscribed onto the black marble structure.

"So it was a spell," Percy muttered as he observed the thing once more;

Block of marble;

This is a simple block of marble that is inscribed with the names of dead Roman legionaries and power distribution spell which will convert the lighting attack of the Eagle into energy.

Supplies- 25,000,000 MP

"I'm sorry what?" Saito asked curiously.

"When I first saw this it felt like the woman who put this block of marble here put some kind of spell on it," Percy said, "guess we know what that spell was now."

"I see......a woman did this you say?"

Percy nodded, "yeah. She somehow summoned this thing out of thin air and stuck the Eagle right in the center."