Chapter 42

Chapter 42:

Percy tightened his grip around his imperial gold spear. He had checked his inventory and sure enough there it was;

Imperial Gold Spear

A spear made of imperial gold. Like celestial bronze this spear can kill even the divine.

Attack- 30 x Dex

Percy didn't know why he didn't use this spear before. With his amazingly high Dex rating of 80 his total attack would have come up to 2,400 points, much more than Riptide. But then again Riptide was better suited for combat with the bonus he got from his sword mastery skills.

Thalia started to circle around the small battle area they made in the living room by pushing all the furniture and TV to the side. They both had taken off their jackets. Thalia had her hair tied up in ponytail while Percy stood with sweat gathered on his brow. Percy steadied himself, he took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

Thalia jumped on him swinging her spear down. Percy blocked with his spear and pushed her back before thrusting the tip at Thalia.

The demigoddess blocked it easily before swinging her spear in a low angle aiming for Percy's leg. Percy jumped up to avoid the weapon started repeatedly stabbing Thalia.

Thalia side stepped all of the attacks, moving backwards. Percy swung at her legs, and his spear was promptly stopped by Thalia's own. Percy then pushed forward pinning Thalia to the wall behind her using their spears as a choker on her neck.

"Give up," Percy hissed.

"Never, lover boy," Thalia smirked as she kicked his left knee losing Percy's stance. She then pushed back and unlocked their spears with a wide swing throwing Percy off balance. Thalia swung her spear down and Percy moved to block.

Percy was just managing to hold his own, but he had to bend backwards to block her spear in time, which resulted in throwing him off balance. Thalia took advantage of this by suddenly bringing her spear back knocking Percy of balance yet again before thrusting the spear tip into his chest.

"Not again," Percy mumbled as he saw his defence points decrease;

Defence- 305,668,730

It wasn't much of a lose, but it was still considered his lose. The reason why Percy so much more defence points was because he had been adding on defence points like crazy during their boat ride. Every chance he got he would activate his water body bonus and drain all his mana into his Marble skin skill.

"You're definitely skilled with that," Thalia said smirking as she transformed her spear back into a can of mace, "but you're not good enough."

Percy smirked, "yeah. Your right. You're pretty good with handling a spear. Long pointy spears."

Thalia was confused at first before she realised Percy's choice of words. A deep crimson took over he face, "perv."

Percy chuckled, "yeah, yeah. Oh, and before I forget, start pouring all of your mana into your marble skin spell, and then keep doing it again and again."

"Why?"

"It will build up your defence," Percy told her, "and I am not letting you face a Giant without being at your best."

Thalia nodded and started doing just that.

Percy nodded, "good, now...what do you want to do?"

Thalia calmned herself down, "I don't know. Want to watch TV?"

Percy shrugged as they quickly moved the couch and the TV back into place and sat down. Thalia had hold of the remote as she started to search through channels. Percy on the other hand had one arm around Thalia as he sat right next to her, holding her closely.