Chapter 39

Chapter 39:

Percy sat next to Thalia on her bed as they both hung their heads down.

"So you two went to a party," Annabeth said pacing around the Med Bay.

"Technically it was an after party," Percy spoke up causing Annabeth to send him a death glare in response, "but-ah, that really doesn't matter."

"So you went to a party," Annabeth repeated, "you got drunk," she pointed at Thalia, "and then kissed Percy."

The daughter of Zeus nodded, "right, after he tucked me in."

"And then you freaked out," Annabeth turned to Percy, "and pretended nothing happened. But after Thalia almost died you basically said, 'fuck it', threw caution to the wind and kissed her."

"Ah, yeah. I did, that is what happened," Percy nodded.

Annabeth started at the two long and hard. Soon it started to become awkward for Percy and Thalia, it felt like they were being judged for everything they did. Every twitch, every look, Annabeth's grey eyes spotted it.

"So....what are you?" Annabeth finally asked.

Percy and Thalia shared a look. Percy shrugged, "well... I'm not sure."

"I like Percy," Thalia said as she closed her hand around his, "and....the kiss was pretty good."

Percy smiled and leaned towards her, "yeah it was."

"Ahm," Annabeth cleared her throat.

"Right," Thalia said turning back to Annabeth, "ah, well I don't know whether we are dating or anything."

"I mean I wouldn't mind, but this thing just started and....well I don't want it to go to fast," Percy admitted as he squeezed Thalia's hand.

"Oh Gods you two are so irritating!" Annabeth threw her hands up in frustration, "do you know how much of a shit storm you two being together might cause?!"

"Well...yeah, but-"

"-But nothing!" Annabeth snapped back, "a son of Poseidon and a daughter of Zeus. This couldn't get any worse!"

"Relax Annabeth," Thalia said with a smile, "we'll be fine."

Annabeth narrowed her eyes at her long time friend, "really? Doesn't it bother you Percy's like 13! He's six years younger to you!"

Thalia shrugged, "does he look like he's 13?" Percy shook his head. Thanks to the Goblin's growth perk he was taller than the average 13 year old, he also looked a lot more mature. "Plus technically I'm 15 right now, thanks to my little 'nap' inside a pine tree so that would make it only 2 years older."

"Plus my birthday is in like a month, so that reduced it to 1 year," Percy said.

"Yeah but my birthday is in December so it kind of get's evened out," Thalia said and Percy scratched his head before agreeing to it.

Annabeth sighed, "fine...but...Gods dammit! For fuck's sake Thalia! You couldn't have picked anyone else?!"

Thalia crossed her arms, "I don't' know why you are so upset. And what's wrong with picking Percy?"

Annabeth massaged her temples, "you both are the most impulsive, powerful and reckless demigods I know. If you two start dating who knows what shit you might cause?"

Percy scratched his head, "come on, we aren't that bad."

"You tried to take on an army from the Underworld by yourself," Annabeth pointed at Thalia. She then turned to Percy, "and you....I don't even know where to begin with you."