Chapter 48

Chapter 48:

Percy Decker, the son of Pan, ran through the water park with his best friend Nico next to him. They both had their weapons drawn out as they ran next to Sally Jackson, the mother of Percy Jackson, the person who Decker wanted to grow up to be.

"We need to get to Picnic Grove!" Ed shouted out as he lead the small group towards the meeting place. They all had heard the message on the speakers from Charles Beckendorf, telling them to get to the grove, they only hoped they could make it before something happened.

Decker nodded as they moved through the laid down pathways. Just then a foot crashed into the ground a few feet in front of them. Decker looked up in horror as he saw a naked 30 foot tall woman look down at them with a hungry grin on her face.

"Kids run!" Ed shouted as he reached into his pocket pulling out a key chain. He tossed the key into the air and Decker watched as it transformed into mace made of celestial bronze with a morning star on top.

The 30 foot monster bent down and tried to grab Sally only for Ed to jump in and smash his weapon into the monster's hand tearing it's skin apart.

"Graa!" the monster roared in irritation more than pain. It started to attack Ed, who slowly started to move away from the group leading the monster futher and futher away from the mortal woman.

"Decker!" Nico shouted causing the son of Pan to snap his attention back to the son of Hades, "we need to move."

Decker nodded as the two began running pulling Sally along with them. "What about Edward?!" Sally asked looking at the son of Hermes who was jumping all over the place to avoid getting hit by the Gergosas' giant fists.

"He can take care of himself!" Decker called out as he tightened his grip on his sword, Leafblade, the same weapon Percy gifted to him.

They twisted and turned all over the park when suddenly a Gergosa jumped right in front of them. It was on all fours with it's mouth flooded with its saliva. It looked at them as it drooled all over the ground, and suddenly it charged.

"Get down!" Nico shouted as he grabbed Sally and pulled her down while Decker used his control over nature to attack the monster. Suddenly the rose bushes on the sides exploded towards the Gergosas tangling it up in a huge hedge of thorns and roses.

Decker stepped back as his head was covered with sweat, he had used a lot of his energy for that move, and it probably is only going to slow it down.

"You okay Decker?" Nico asked he helped Sally up.

"I'm fine," Decker said panting. Nico nodded as they turned around and ran. They took a left and went further away from the Gergosa when suddenly they heard something snap. Through his mental connection with the fauna around him Decker knew it was the roses he put in front of that Gergosa.

They quickly reached the Big Kahuna wave pool, they were halfway there now. But just then a huge figure jumped over them and into the pool causing half the water inside the pool to splash out.

Decker's eyes widened as he saw the four limb walking Gergosa stare at them, it was covered with cuts but it didn't seem to care.

It jumped out of the pool and towards them, Decker readied his blade when suddenly a blast of darkness collided with the monster in mid air sending him back into the water.

Decker turned to Nico who had both hand spread out and open. His head was covered with sweat, but he didn't look too exhausted.

They quickly grabbed Sally and tired to run for it when suddenly another Gergosa got in their path. This one stood on two limbs and had long blonde hair. It was a woman, the same one that Ed had lead away from them.