Chapter 57

Chapter 57:

Percy looked down and saw Monica's chest raise up and go down. She looked liked she was having trouble breathing, but from what the nurse mentioned it was because her asthma was acting up.

Thalia sat beside her bed looking through an old magazine, they had been here for three hours and yet Monica's condition hadn't changed. The sun was going down, the last rays of the sun bathed the room yellow. Percy didn't like it, he tried everything, even used his healing powers, but she still hasn't woken up yet.

"Is she showing any signs of waking up?" Tyler asked as he walked in with Michael and Clarisse by his side. They had gone out to get something to eat while Thalia and Percy volunteered to stay at Monica's side.

"Here, you guys should get," Clarisse brought out two cheese bagels with a handful of cheese cream sachets.

"Thanks," Thalia smiled as she and Percy started to munch on the bread.

"So happened to her?" Tyler asked he ran his fingers down Monica's face, "one moment she was fine and the next....it was like she...she, did something."

Percy nodded, "yeah. Something." He ate his food in silence as he recalled what had happened since Monica went all demon fury on them.

Thanks to the Mist everyone didn't question all the destruction caused to the library shelves. From what Percy understood the mortals believed that the wood in the shelves were rotten and they weren't strong enough to hold the books up.

They also believed that a group of students had smashed in the windows with rocks. The school was currently searching for these 'ruffians'.

Percy and the others also managed to convince everyone that Monica had fainted because one of those rocks had hit her in the head. So far no one dared to question them, Percy just hoped their luck would hold for a little while longer.

"So tell me why exactly are you here Tyler?" Michael asked as he narrowed his eyes at the swimming team captain.

"What do you mean?" Tyler asked.

"I mean you knew Monica, and she obviously knew you. I'm asking you how," Michael clarified.

Tyler sighed, "simple...she's my twin sister."

The group stopped and stared at Tyler and then Monica.

"I'm guessing you two were fraternal twins?" Percy asked finishing his bagel.

"Yeah," Tyler nodded, "obviously. She and I....well, we aren't as close as we used to be. When we started school we just got split up. I became popular and she...well she.."

"Became Goth?" Thalia finished.

Tyler sighed and nodded, "yeah. Goth." tyler looked at Percy, the asshole from before was gone, standing now was a confused and concerned brother, "what happened to her?"

Percy sighed, "I have no idea," he looked to Monica and observed her;

Monica William, Believer of Magic

Lv- 8

HP: 400/400

MP: 0/0

Race- Human

Str- 8

Vit- 6

Dex- 4

Int- 12

Wis- 10

Luc- 3

From a young age Monica has always felt different, she has always been standing outside looking in. After her twin and her started to drift apart Monica found comfort in the mystical and the unexplained feeling a connection to the misunderstood. She has dedicated her life looking for these things.