Chapter 25

Chapter 25:

The camp was is in chaos that night. However Percy and the other head counselors quickly managed to get everyone to calm down and established some sort of order to the chaos. A patrol system was set up fast. The barrier couldn't be relied on, they needed a way to make sure monsters didn't attack them. Percy had summoned Zed, Craig and Alecto and ordered the three to help secure the camp's boundaries and make sure no monster even thinks of entering the place.

As soon as that was done Percy and the rest of the head councillors gathered in their war room where Chiron and Mr. D were waiting for them. They sat down in their respective seats to plan what to do next.

"It's obvious isn't it," Mr. D said, "we get the campers out of this place, move them somewhere safer, like Hawaii."

"You just want to go to Hawaii," Percy said crossing his arms. The Olympian shrugged and snapped his finger causing a can of diet coke to appear.

"We need to make the tree healthy again," Annabeth said drawing everyone's attention to her.

"The Apollo campers are already on it," Lee Fletcher, a young man of 15 with spiky black hair, deep blue eyes and present head counselor of Apollo cabin, stated.

"What can you tell us about what caused the tree to weaken?" Chiron asked.

"Well, basically it's been poisoned. In the center of the trunk you can see something green and acidic pour out of the tree. The way the tree bark is dying around it also supports the poisoned theory."

"Have you identified which poison?" Chiron asked.

"Sadly no."

"Can't you do something to heal it though?" asked Silena Beauregard, a young teen of 14 with blue eyes and black hair and also the head counselor of Aphrodite cabin.

"Nothing specific without knowing what we are trying to cure. That's like blindfolding a doctor and asking him out to pick random pills to cure a problem he doesn't know his patient has."

Percy nodded, "okay that makes sense, but what about the potions I get for you guys? The ones' Michael brings back?"

Lee shook his head, "yeah those don't work either. They slow the poison down for a few second but then it's back."

Percy cursed under his breath. Maybe a better grade of potion would do the trick?

"Look whatever is happening we need to stop it," Charles, the head of Hephaestus house spoke up, "is there anything your dad has that can cure the tree?"

"Well...not really. If there was something we would know about it," Lee said before standing up, "look if you guys will excuse me I need to get back to the others, the longer time I waste the less chance we have at saving the tree."

Chiron nodded, "understood Lee, go on," after the son of Apollo left Chiron began again, "etherway if this goes on we need contingency plans, several of them."

"And what do you suggest Chiron," Mr. D asked sipping his drink, "take all the kids to Olympus perhaps?" The Olympian spoke in a very mocking tone laughing at his own jab.

Percy raised an eyebrow, "yeah...why not? I'm sure our parents won't mind. At least for some time until we can restore the barrier again."

Mr. D blinked, "I was joking Peter Johnson-"

"-It's Percy Jackson," the son of Poseidon cut in with a glare, "and I wasn't joking. I am dead serious here, all we ask is a few days on Olympus."

"The Gods will never allow it Jackson."

"And why not? We're their kids! At least 3 of them have more than 10 kids living in camp right now and the only ones who don't have children are Hera, Artemis and Zeus, all of whom would probably not object to us being there. Hell don't you want your kid to live?!" Percy was now standing up with a anger in his eyes as he started down the wine god opposite to him.